Professional Scrum Product Owner Live Virtual Class, Aug 15-17, 2022
What's up awesome people! Thanks for your interest in joining us in this Virtual Class Instructor Lead Professional Scrum Product Owner class. Wow, that is quite a mouthful, isn't it? :)
What makes this class different from offline / in-person PSPO training?
- The class will be facilitated in three days.
- But we will not spend the whole 8 hours in front of our monitor. That is going to be tiring for sure. So the schedule will be from 08:00-12:30 AEDT. Please take note of the time zone.
- We will also have ad-hoc short breaks in between to stretch our body for 10 minutes depending on the group agreement. We will have a 30 minutes break in between the class as some of our friends in New Zealand need to have lunch.
- This class is limited to 12 participants so that all of us will get optimal learning out of it. I want to ensure that each and every one of you is engaged throughout the course.
What I promise you
- Even though this is virtual training, this will not be training where I will be talking most of the time presenting a PowerPoint slide as you see in most online training in the market. In fact, I do not have PowerPoint slides at all in this class. Curious?
- Two-way discussions and maximising collective intelligence. Yes, I will make you busy throughout the three days course. There will be many group exercises. You will be doing most of the talking rather than me.
- Practical experience and knowledge from me. You can pick my brain. I have been a Professional Scrum Trainer for almost a decade and I have worked with many teams remotely from South East Asia and still am. You will not get this with online training from Pluralsight, Udemy or Coursera.
- The most awesome quality virtual training. I have invested in the best hardware and software found in the market to ensure that everyone who will be participating will get the best experience from this virtual class. I believe in professionalism.
- If you are interested in joining us in this awesome virtual training experience, please register yourself using the registration form.
- I will then send you the link to make a payment using a credit card.
- Once you have made the payment, I will then send you the confirmation e-mail confirming your slot for the class.
I hope this is a clear enough explanation for you. But feel free to contact me if there is anything missing or if there are things that make you doubtful or concerned. Looking forward to interacting with you in one of my virtual classes. Stay safe and stay healthy.
Price: AUD 895
There is a reason why Scrum calls it Product Owner and NOT product manager. Product Owners take full ownership of the product, beyond just managing user stories for the squads. As the owner of the product, this also means the stakeholders should respect the Product Owner's decision.
As the owner of the product, the Product Owner faces constant flux and is always in dilemma. Who should the PO listen to? Can he/she reject CEO's requests? Which goes first in the Product Backlog? Technical debt, architecture, technical excellence, features, defects? How does PO manage his/her daily agenda? How should the PO spend the budget? What should the PO optimise? Flow or value? What metric should the PO use? How does a good Sprint Goal look like? How can Lean UX and Design Thinking to help the Product Owner?
Join us in the PSPO course where we will share war stories in Product Management and empower Product Owners with practical tools to face the dilemma. We have made the course timings longer so you can get the most out of the course. And we both promise to not use any slides in the class!
For whom is this interesting?
- You are involved in software development that uses the Scrum framework
- You are responsible for products from a business perspective
- You hold the highly accountable role of Scrum product owner
What will you learn?
Working in teams, you'll learn and apply Scrum principles through assignments, discussions, and challenging hands-on exercises and return to work thinking in Scrum.
You will learn:
- agile product management
- the role of Scrum product owner
- managing requirements, products, and releases
- value-driven development
You will develop the skills to:
- understand the mechanics of Scrum and how the product owner fits
- act as a product owner for Scrum teams and stakeholders
- increase the business agility of your organization
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide 2020 (required).
- Passed the Scrum Product Owner Open assessment
- Watched the Product Owner playlist on my youtube channel.
The Professional Scrum Product Owner training has an associated credential Professional Scrum Product Owner level I (PSPO I).
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive two passwords to take the PSPO I assessment.
- These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSPO I.
Live Virtual through Zoom