Professional Scrum Product Owner
Live Virtual Class, September 15-16, 2022
This two-day course is widely regarded as the industry standard class to become a Product Owner. You will learn the underpinning Scrum theory and how to apply it in real scenarios through engaging activities facilitated by our trainer. Fundamentally, you will take away the knowledge and skills to help your teams excel at Product delivery.
Don't take this class if you're looking to sit back and relax for two days. The PSPO I course and associated assessment is tough, but we'll prepare you well. You can expect to be an active participant and to leave each day feeling tired but excited about what lies ahead for your practice. This class is not a single trainer lecturing you via a remote call - it's an immersive experience.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. The curriculum and learning objectives are standardised to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Throughout the class, you will learn a number of Product Ownership practices that you can use as soon as you’ve left the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management.
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. For example, this includes Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product Managers, Developers, and organisational managers who work with products and their valuable delivery. Despite the name of the class, it is not just for Product Owners.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating, nor any experience of being in a Scrum Team.
What is the class?
You will learn the theory behind product delivery and value validation but also how to exercise it. You will also hear experiences from your trainer/s about how they’ve applied the principles in industry.
The areas of focus are:
- Agility – increasing business agility through proper execution of the Product Owner accountabilities.
- Business – learning how to bridge business strategy to product delivery effectively, whilst supporting a product over project mentality.
- Product techniques – implementing effective Product Backlog management, release management, forecasting and stakeholder interaction.
- Empiricism – the evidence-based, decision-making theory that underpins the whole Scrum framework.
- Metrics – tracking value creation and how to measure product success, consequently improving empirical decision making.
- Communication – considering how to effectively communicate the strategy, product vision and Product Goal.
By signing up for this class, you are eligible for some benefits offered by Scrum.org. These include:
- one free attempt at the PSPO I assessment (a saving of $150)
- a second free attempt (if you try, and fail to meet the 85% passing mark within 14 days of the class finishing). If you pass on the first attempt, a second attempt will not be given
- if you require a third attempt, we'll split the bill with you. We'll cover 50% of the cost of a third code.
- a 40% discount on a PSPO II assessment purchase
- free attendance at a Scrum Lake workshop of your choice
- 14 PDUs that can be used to evidence your continued learning requirement for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- upon successful completion of the PSPO I assessment, lifetime certification for PSPO I - it will never expire unlike other providers
The pricing of our classes varies based on your geographic location. For more information on the classification of primary/secondary/tertiary markets, please see here.
Primary markets: £999
Secondary Markets: £799
Tertiary markets: £499
If you require an invoice to register as a business company, please contact us using the details below.
Your Professional Scrum Trainer
Ravi is a product consultant and coach who creates customer facing, customer enabling, platform products for UK industry. He has worked as a Java developer, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Platform Manager.
Ravi is passionate about supporting students and actively engaging them through experiential training, sharing real-world examples alongside his practical experiences. Having worked with C-level leaders, Ravi enjoys collaborating with people across global organisations in product creation using Scrum from discovery to delivery.
An avid learner himself, Ravi deeply believes that learning is human empowerment, and his training reflects that.
Ravi is a 2-time marathon runner, actively works with chess communities and is a Manager of Arbiters with the English Chess Federation. He lives in Birmingham, UK.
If you have any questions, please contact Optilearn at:
This event will be held as a Live Virtual Class (LVC) using a combination of Zoom and MURAL.
Joining instructions will be sent one week prior to the class start date.