Professional Scrum Product Owner
Live Virtual Class, February 9-10, 2023
This Class is Guaranteed to Run
Who is this course for?
Are you responsible for products from a business perspective?
Are you currently working as a Product Owner, a product manager, a business analyst, or a project manager, and is responsible for delivering products to your customers?
Are you someone who...
- want to step into the role of a Product Owner.
- is responsible for the success of a product or service
- already work with a Scrum team or are involved in product development using the Scrum framework.
- want to develop products that your customers love and that your Scrum team is proud of.
- want to increase product value for your customers and your organization.
- want to coach your product owners effectively as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
- want to learn as a stakeholder of a Scrum team what you can expect from a product owner.
Then this PSPO course is just for you!
About the course
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) provides the foundational knowledge needed and focuses on how to maximize the value of products and systems. PSPO is the cutting-edge course for Product Owners, agile product managers and anyone responsible for a product success in the market. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where you will experience how the Scrum framework improves product development efforts.
Included in the course:
Duration: 2 Days
Location: Remote. We use Zoom and Miro/Mural
Language: English / Materials Language: English
- Scrum.org maintained course materials according to Scrum Guide 2020 (English).
- Pictures of all flipcharts and materials created during the class.
- Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) exam with 2 free attempts.
- Professional Scrum Master Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO II) assessment discount
- 14 PMI-PDU-Credits
Yevhen Domchenko ist energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced Professional Scrum Trainer, International Consortium for Agile authorized instructor, Scaled Agile Framework Programm Consultant, Professional Facilitator, Mentor and Coach.
per E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
per Telefon: +49 176 872 04 973
per Web Page: https://www.dostride.com
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Topics Covered in the Course
Agile Product Management. Product and project mindsets, Product Owner maturity, and benefit for the organization. What organizational maturity is required to achieve more agility and to derive greater benefit from the role of the product owner. How to achieve this with modelling business strategy and creating a product vision.
Value-Driven Development. The product owner is accountable for maximizing value. What qualities does he or she need to have? “Value” is difficult to quantify or predict, how the Product Owner can define, deliver & measure value. Optimizing business value over time. Value metrics and measurement strategies.
Scrum Theory & Empiricism. Understand the uncertainty associated with software development. Get to know the pillars of empiricism - and Scrum. Why is it important for a Product Owner!
The Scrum Framework. The role of the product owner within the Scrum framework. How Scrum Rules, Artifacts & Events relate to the Product Owner. How does Scrum deal with uncertainty? What are the economic advantages of Scrum? The purpose of a Product Owner in Scrum, key points for a Product Owner. Scaling the Product Owner role.
Product Backlog Management. The core function and key characteristics of the product backlog. Why is the order of the product backlog so important? Learn simple steps to create and manage a product backlog like ordering, organizing, reporting, planning releases.
Releases. Practical tips for dealing with estimates and value in a product backlog. Dealing with deeply rooted, old habits such as calculations, the promise of security, etc. Measuring progress and refining Product Backlogs.
What will you learn?
After the training, when they return to your workplace, you will be able to....
- act as a product owner for Scrum teams and stakeholders
- effectively increase the business agility of your organization
- achieve the right impact through the product vision, product goal and sprint goals
- develop your product in an agile way together with your Scrum team
- successfully collaborate with stakeholders and customers
- work effectively with the Product Backlog and Value
- optimize the value of your product
- If you take the certification assessment within 14 days of the end of the training and fail the exam, you will be given the opportunity to take the exam again free of charge
- Engaging exercises, discussions and learning in small groups
- Personal practical experience of the trainer using a large number of real-life examples
- Course participants receive a 40% discount for the advanced PSPO II assessment
- Attractive discounts for further trainings
- Discounts for self-pay participants and participants in a personal hardship case (job loss etc.)
- Discounts for participants from a country with a different purchasing power parity
- Group offers
- Easy rescheduling to other dates or in-house training for own teams
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (This is required to do before the training).
- Have made several attempts and passed the Product Owner Open assessment
- Have made several attempts and passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a general understanding or experience of product management.
About the Assessment and Certification
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course is associated with the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) credential from Scrum.org.
All participants who complete the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive a password to attempt the PSPO I assessment and are eligible for a discount on the PSPO II assessment. These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum score to pass the corresponding exam. PSPO course participants who attempt the PSPO I exam within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will receive a second attempt at no charge.
The professional Scrum Product Owner I assessment demonstrates solid knowledge of product ownership and agile product management within the Scrum framework. The assessment is conducted online and in English. It contains 80 questions, is limited to 60 minutes and requires a minimum score of 85% to successfully pass.
Welcome to the Live Virtual Class Experience!
This class will be held virtually! Before class, you will receive guidance, and everything needed to prepare for and participate in this class remotely. If you have any questions or you are not sure, we can provide any assistance and answer all your questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 (176) 872 04 973.