Professional Scrum Product Owner
Live Virtual Class, June 7-9, 2023
What is unique about SmoothApps workshops?
- Discount for passed assessments: Receive a $100 discount for each Scrum.Org Professional Scrum assessment you have already passed (Scrum.org profile link will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive discount code for registration)
- Free Test Prep: Two 60- minute certification test prep sessions scheduled in the weeks after the workshop
- Slack Alumni Community: Exchange tips, challenges and get ongoing support from SmoothApps trainers
- Certified ROI Professional: Integrates ROI-based learning techniques into the training
- Co-Active Institute Trained Coach: Integrates co-active coaching techniques into the training
- Certified Trainer for Sharon Bowman’s “Training from the Back of the Room": Integrates brain-friendly learning into the training
- Real-World Experience: Integrates success and horror stories from real-world Scrum adoptions in companies ranging from 10 people to 10,000 people
- Humor & Story Telling: Brings ideas to life and keeps learners engaged
- Shorter 3-day vs 2-day courses: Reduces Zoom fatigue, allows time to discuss real-world examples and to catch up on work each day before and after the training
Learn Professional Product Ownership
Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) is a hands-on, activity-based course where students explore Professional Scrum and develop an understanding of the critical role that the Product Owner plays on the Scrum Team. Throughout the class, students learn a number of Product Ownership practices that they can use once they leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certification exam.
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
In this class, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of the Scrum framework and the accountabilities of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. Students learn techniques that they can use to help them overcome the challenges that are often encountered on a day-to-day basis. They will do this while learning better ways to work with the organization, stakeholders, customers and their team to provide greater value in the product being delivered.
Course Learning Objectives
- Increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role
- Recognize the value of a product over project mindset
- Learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum
- Understand that the Product Owner is an Agile Product Manager
- Understand the Scrum Principles and Empiricism
- Understand the Product Owner accountabilities on the Scrum Team
- Learn how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal
- Find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal
- Learn techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Identify metrics that can be used to track value creation, and successful product delivery
- Discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. The Professional Scrum Product Owner course is for:
- Professionals interested in starting a career as a Product Owner
- Product Owners with some experience in the role that are looking to improve their understanding or fix their misconceptions of Scrum and the Product Owner role
- Scrum Masters wishing to be an effective coach to Product Owners will also find valuable insights in this course
While this course covers an introduction to the Scrum framework, it’s primarily from the perspective of the Product Owner. Therefore, it’s best if the students come to the course with an understanding of the fundamentals of Scrum, ideally as demonstrated by passing the Scrum Open.
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive a password to take the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSPO II assessment once passing PSPO I.Schedule and Logistics:
Registration & Price
Group rates of 4 or more are $1095 for early birds and $1195 regular group rate.
Schedule and Logistics
- Training will be online and begin at 9:30 AM sharp and will end around 3:30 PM on all 3 days. There will be a lunch break around noon, but times may vary. (All times US Central)
- Students should login 5-10 minutes prior to start of each session to work through any technical issues.
- All students should be able to use Zoom and Mural to participate in the training.
- A Prework email with up to 2 hours of prework will be sent prior to class start date. Our messages tend to fall into spam, so please check there and contact us at email@example.com if you do not receive a message from us at least 1 week prior to class.
- All students should keep their cameras turned on throughout the training.
- Any student who misses more than 30 minutes of the training will neither receive the certificate of course participation nor will they receive the free password for taking the assessment.
- All students must stay focused and engaged and should not multi-task during class.
- All students must behave in alignment with the working agreement co-created by all students in class.
Live Online Event