Professional Scrum Product Owner
Live Virtual Class, February 23-24, 2024
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) is a hands-on, activity-based course where students explore Professional Scrum and develop an understanding of the critical role that the Product Owner plays on the Scrum Team. Students learn a number of Product Ownership practices as well as an introduction to Agile Product Management.
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
In this two day class, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of the Scrum framework and the accountabilities of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. Students learn techniques that they can use to help them overcome the challenges that are often encountered on a day-to-day basis.
Who should attend?
- Professionals that are interested in starting a career as a Product Owner
- Product Owners with some experience in the role that are looking to improve their understanding or fix their misconceptions of Scrum and the Product Owner role
- Scrum Masters wishing to be an effective coach to Product Owners will also find valuable insights in this course
- Increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role
- Recognize the value of a product over project mindset
- Learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum
- Understand that the Product Owner is an Agile Product Manager
- Understand the Scrum Principles and Empiricism
- Understand the Product Owner accountabilities on the Scrum Team
- Learn how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal
- Find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal
- Learn techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Identify metrics that can be used to track value creation and successful product delivery
- Discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
Got more questions?
Send Sam an email: email@example.com
The pricing of our classes varies based on your geographic location. For more information on the classification of primary/secondary/tertiary markets, please see here. Pricing ranges between $800 - $1200.
Taxes may be applicable dependent on your location.
About The Trainer
Sam is a dynamic agile practitioner, Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Professional Scrum Trainer. Sam's first encounter with Scrum was in 2007 and over the years he has accumulated a lot of experience supporting organisation to deliver value to their customers using the Scrum Framework.
Previous clients include Large Organizations such as Barclays, HSBC, Ministry of Justice, TUI, UBS, Channel4, BBC Worldwide and a large number of start-ups around the world.
When not training, Sam works as an Enterprise Agile Coach where he supports organizations in scaling their implementation of Agile Frameworks (e.g Scrum, Kanban) up to the Executive level of the organization.Agile Frameworks including the complimentary practices and tools are great but Sam's ultimate goal is to support the organizations on building the mindset that is required for Agility to thrive.
This course will be delivered remotely (on-line) via Zoom.
Further instructions will be sent a week prior to the class.