Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced Live Virtual Class, Dec 7-8, 2021
In this 2-day course students are provided with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey through an exploration of the different stances a Product Owner takes. You will learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them and gain a better
understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product. Students are introduced to modern complementary practices through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviours and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviours by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
- Customer Representative – focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
- Visionary – communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
- Experimenter – focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
- Influencer – communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
- Collaborator – seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
- Decision Maker – focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
This 2-day Professional Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. It is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises.
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Students are provided with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey through an exploration of the different stances a Product Owner takes.
- Students learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
- Students will gain a better understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product.
- Students are introduced to modern complementary practices through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Product Owner-Advanced course is an advanced course specifically designed for Product Owners and product managers who have practical experience managing or owning a product.
It is also beneficial to Scrum Masters and stakeholders who work with Product Owners. It is particularly beneficial for those with at least one year of building products with a Scrum Team.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced course receive a password to take the PSPO II assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSPO III assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
Price: GBP 1200
The Instructor Alasdair Macleod has been involved in agile transformations for UK Government, Utilities Companies and Financial Services. All of these Enterprise Organisations have been undergoing transformations to agile ways of working so that they can deliver better for their customers while ensuring there is a return on the investment to the organization.
This includes the wide transformation in the UK government to DIgital Services and moving away from traditional routes to provide government services that require large centers of people delivering services in an inefficient manner. To complete this Alasdair has been involved in the training of many teams that deliver work within digital delivery Centres and the managers who facilitate the relationship between these teams and the lines of business the deliver products for.
Due to COVID-19, this class will be held virtually. Please use the links below to contact the trainer for more details