Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced Live Virtual Class, Feb 12-13, 2022
This class is a Live Virtual Class
I am also extending you an offer to join any of my upcoming F2F Classes (PSPO-A) post COVID-19 if you have a satisfaction gap with the virtual experience.
Mastering the Product Owner Stances
Professional Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. The PSPO-A course is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
The course goes beyond the topics explored in the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class by deepening the attendee's understanding of the role through the exploration of the many stances of a professional Product Owner. This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises. Having previously taken the PSPO class is recommended, but not required.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner II certification exam (PSPO II).
What You Will Learn
The Product Owner's role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
Customer Representative - focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
Visionary - communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
Experimenter - focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
Influencer - communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
Collaborator - seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
Decision Maker - focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
Over the 3 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Product Owner and through a series of exercises combined with instruction, students gain a better understanding of what it means to deliver value and how to express that value inside and outside of the organization.
- Practicing Product Owners will learn different stances a Product Owner takes in order to navigate everyday challenges.
- Attendees leave knowing how to best identify and serve various groups of stakeholders and what competencies are expected. In order to aid in this journey, modern complementary practices will be introduced through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
- Students will leave with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey.
- Gain a better understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product.
- Learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Scaling the Product Owner role
Price: INR 29999
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO II certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSPO-A class participants who attempt the PSPO II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Live Virtual Class