Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced
Live Virtual Class, October 9-12, 2023
Professional Scrum Product Owner™ - Advanced (PSPO-A) is a hands-on, activity-based course that focuses on helping experienced Product Owners and Product Managers expand their ability to establish a vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. The course goes beyond the topics explored in the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class by deepening the attendee's understanding of the role by exploring the many stances of a professional Product Owner. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and practical knowledge of Scrum to participate in and benefit from these exercises. Taking the PSPO course before this class is recommended but not required.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) certification exam.
In this two-day class* students will gain a better understanding of what it means to deliver value and how to express that value inside and outside of their organization. Through a case study-based series of exercises, combined with instruction, students gain the entrepreneurial product leadership skills and practices critical to growing as a successful Product Owner.
The Product Owner role is multifaceted, requiring them to engage in behaviours and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum framework. Students explore these techniques and how to pivot among them by exploring several Product Owner "stances", including:
- The Customer Representative:
- Focus on understanding customer problems, pains and opportunities
- Get into the mindset of the customer, placing yourself in their world, understanding their needs
- Deliver value by connecting product features to customer outcomes
- The Visionary:
- Champion the future state, possibilities, goals and chances
- Communicate the product vision, strategy and Product Goal
- Understand value and pricing models
- The Experimenter:
- Focus on innovation through experiments, hypotheses, tests, learnings, data and validation of the value
- Understand the Product Owner's role in a scaled environment
- The Decision Maker:
- Focus on making better decisions
- Navigate conflicting customer feedback
- The Collaborator:
- Seek collaboration with stakeholders and the Scrum Team
- Work beyond the Scrum Team, including contracts, finance, budgeting and governance in an agile way
- The Influencer:
- Lead the stakeholders, customers and Scrum Team to move in the right direction and to change their minds when necessary
- Learn how to create a stakeholder management strategy
The course is accredited by Scrum.org. All participants completing the course may take part in an assessment for industry-recognized PSPO II certification. Students are also able to claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits.
More details about the course - https://www.meirik.com/training-portfolio/professional-scrum-product-owner-advanced
*When offered in person, this course is generally delivered over two consecutive days. However, when offered as a Live Virtual Class, the course may be broken up into more, shorter days.
Aims and objectives
- Experienced Product Owners will learn different stances a Product Owner takes to navigate everyday challenges
- Modern complementary practices will be introduced through discussions, case studies and exercises
- Students will leave with a clear understanding of Agile Product Management as they continue on their Product Owner journey
- Learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
This course is designed for Product Owners, Product Managers, and Business Analysts, focusing heavily on Product Management skills, tools, techniques, and knowledge as part of their work on the Scrum Team.
Other people that might benefit from the PSPO-A course include:
- Scrum Masters / Agile Coaches
- Company leaders
Registration & Price
The training price includes:
- excellent, full of knowledge and interactive training conducted by two certified trainers with rich knowledge and years of experience in using Scrum in practice,
- 100% certainty that the training will take place on time,
- all the necessary materials in an electronic version,
- a small, 12-person training group, allowing for the maximum use of the potential of an interactive workshop,
- a single-use password for the PSPO II assessment (allowing to obtain the PSPO II certificate), and a 40% discount code for a password for the PSPO III assessment,
- a book that will allow you to furtherly explore knowledge and support you in everyday challenges.
Find out more about Professional Scrum Product Owner certificates on the website https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-certifications/professional-scrum-product-owner-ii-assessment
The course does not address the Scrum framework (much), and we assume people have a proper understanding of the Scrum framework. Participants should have at least one year of experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager, while multiple years of experience and having attended the Professional Scrum Product Owner course and passing PSPO assessment is preferred, but not mandatory.