Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced Amsterdam, Jun 11-12, 2020
Course language: English
- Free attempt at the globally recognized Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner II certification assessment
- Free 2nd attempt when you don’t pass your 1st attempt within 2 weeks
- Certification insurance
- Free book – recommended read selected by me
- Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced Reference Guide
- Membership to my exclusive training alumni Slack community
- Annual meetup event with training alumni
- $ 200,- discount on the PSPO III assessment
- Extensive lunch buffet, drinks and snacks throughout the day
Mastering the Product Owner Stances
This 2-day Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. It is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
What you will learn
The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
- Customer Representative - focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
- Visionary - communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
- Experimenter - focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
- Influencer - communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
- Collaborator - seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
- Decision Maker - focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises.
PSPO-A course topics
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Scaling the Product Owner role
Who should attend
The Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced course is an advanced course specifically designed for Product Owners and product managers who have practical experience managing or owning a product. It is also beneficial to Scrum Masters and stakeholders who work with Product Owners. Especially for those with at least one year experience of building products with a Scrum Team.
It is highly recommended to first participate in my Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) training course before you consider to register for this Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced training course.
If you are not sure if this course is a good match with your current understanding of and experience with the role of Product Owner, please contact me and I’d be happy to advise you.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced course receive a password to take the PSPO II assessment. PSPO-A class participants who attempt the PSPO II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
What others say
“Matthijs is without a doubt one of the best trainers. He not only has mastered all the theory behind Scrum, but he has vast experience in applying that knowledge in the enterprise world. In his training courses he doesn’t just spout the agile platitudes at you, but deals with the real-life messy business of applying agile ideals to the day to day work. Matthijs’ trainings are invaluable if you are planning to actually be agile instead of just learning about Scrum.”
My mission: inspiring others to discover new ways of working. Over the years, I have provided 100+ training courses and workshops in the fields of Scrum, Agile Product Development, Kanban, and personal leadership. I have advised and coached 15+ different organizations within various industries like banking, healthcare, and retail. Before becoming an external consultant, coach, and trainer, I have been 5+ years part of different Scrum Teams as a Development Team member, Product Owner, and Scrum Master.
My training courses are characterized by minimizing use of Powerpoint slides, and maximizing iterative and incremental creation of visualizations on flip charts. These visualizations will help you recollect the lessons learned through the exercises we did, the conversations we had, and the reflections throughout the training course.
I believe that the best way to deliver a training course is by applying the values and principles from Scrum and the Agile Manifesto on the training course itself. I practice what I preach.
Price below is excl. 21% VAT
Price: EUR 1495