Professional Scrum Product Owner
Amersfoort, December 9-10, 2024
Professional Scrum Product Owner is THE cutting-edge course for effective Product Ownership. It explores the worldwide challenge that many Scrum implementations run into, i.e. how should business people and product managers engage in Scrum and collaborate with Scrum Development Teams?
The Professional Scrum Product Owner class focuses on the core expectation for Product Owners to maximize the value of the work done for a software product, thereby serving customers, users and the organization.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Registration & Price
- Value-driven development
- The Scrum framework
- Agile Product Management
- Managing Product Backlog
- Managing releases
- The Scrum Product Owner
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and how the role of the Product Owner fits in.
- Students can act as a Product Owner for Scrum Teams and stakeholders.
- Students can effectively increase the business agility of their organization
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development upon the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible over products from a business perspective and taking up the highly accountable role of Scrum Product Owner
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises. This course will be taught in English
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum.
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen.
Assessment and Certification
Assessment and certification
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course has two associated credentials : Professional Scrum Product Owner level I (PSPO I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner level II (PSPO II).
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive a password to take the PSPO I assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSPO II assessment.
These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSPO I and PSPO II credentials.
In person training in the Netherlands will be in Dutch by default. If you don’t speak Dutch and you want to participate in in-person training; please contact us. If all other participants agree, we can switch to an English class. All course material will be English by default.
3821 AA Amersfoort