Professional Scrum Product Owner Leeds, Nov 18-19, 2019
What is Included:
- Two attempts for the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) I certification exam (if taken within 14 days of the course)
- $ 100 discount for the PSPO II certification exam
- 14 PDUs from the Project Management Institute and 14 SEUs of the Scrum Alliance
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Refreshments & Lunch
- "From the Trenches" real life experience of working in Scrum and other teams.
The Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) is a 2-day course that focuses on being a professional Product Owner. Being a professional Product Owner encompasses more than writing requirements or managing a Product Backlog.
Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of all product management aspects, including but not limited to product ownership, that drives value from their products.
The PSPO is the cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a product’s success in the market. In this course, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction and team based exercises. The breadth of the role’s responsibilities in delivering a successful product will become more clear from an Agile perspective. Metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of the product to the marketplace.
The PSPO course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises.
Who Should Attend
The PSPO course may be interesting to all involved in software development upon the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible over products from a business and product management perspective and taking up the highly accountable role of Scrum Product Owner.
Professional Scrum Product Owner Topics
Agile Product Management
- How Product Ownership and Product Development within Scrum relate to Product Management
Value Driven Development
- Explore the Product Owner as a "Value Maximiser", the traits & skills of a Product Owner
Scrum Principles & Empiricism
- Gain an understanding of complexity in software environments; How empiricism controls risk, and provides predictability in complex environments.
The Scrum Framework
- Explore the Scrum Framework and how each, Event, Role and Artifact relates to each other. Experience the role of the Product Owner in the Scrum framework, working with Development Teams
Product Backlog Management
- The core function of the Product Backlog; techniques for sizing the Product Backlog, different ways to show progress of a sprint plan. Describe why the Product Backlog is the only source of planned work for the Development and identify techniques for ordering, organising, and sizing a Product Backlog
- Explore how and when to do Release Planning; explain the purpose of velocity, how to forecast with empirical data, summarise how agile funding and trust effects how far ahead a product owner needs to plan.
Professional Scrum Product Owner I
People who have passed PSPO I, achieving certification, demonstrate a fundamental level of Product Owner mastery. PSPO I certificate holders prove that they understand Scrum and Product Ownership as described in the Scrum Guide and the concepts of applying Scrum.
The industry-recognised PSPO certification require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
(included In the price of the course - normally $200)
Professional Scrum Product Owner II
People who have passed PSPO II, achieving certification, demonstrate an advanced level of Product Ownership. They wish to demonstrate their ability to apply the Scrum framework to solving complex problems regarding product ownership in the real world.
Those that pass the assessment will receive the industry recognised PSPO II Certification as an indication of their advanced knowledge and abilities pertaining to Scrum and the role of the Scrum Product Owner.
All participants who complete the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive a key to take the PSPO I certification exam. The certification exam is done online; After the course, all students receive a key to take the exam, which consists of 80 questions and a duration of 60 minutes .
Unlike other Scrum certifications that require only class attendance, Scrum.org certification requires a minimum score on an online assessment. This gives Scrum.org certification teeth and ensures that it has true value in the marketplace.
No Renewal Costs
Professional Scrum certifications are yours for life with no renewal costs to retain them. Once you pass the assessment, you will retain that certification, you will be listed on the Scrum.org website and remain there forever with no additional future costs.
Price: GBP 950
Steve has over 20 years of IT experience in various roles, ranging from scrum master for various development teams, technical architect on high profile projects to a developer who is just happy to be coding away. During this time, Steve has worked for sector-leading companies BSkyB, Nestle UK and Procter & Gamble whilst also working for small to medium enterprises to help them to grow their business by supporting their development processes and the teams within.
In addition to being a trainer, Steve is a TOGAF certified architect and a former Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer.
Steve has worked in various teams (Scrum and none Scrum) so comes packed with real life stories. From Start Ups building the next social media network up to large corporations handling thousands of transactions a second. If you want to learn from someone who has been there and done it, then Steve would be able to share experiences to help you on your way.
Engaging Course, Well delivered fun and I learned a lot ! - SF
Good Pace , Covered questions well, trainer good at prompting discussions - CS
Loved the real world examples - so valuable!! - NB
Thinking about attending?
Some of the companies where I have previously delivered training:
Leeds LS1 4AW
Registration for this class has closed