Professional Scrum Product Owner Québec, Dec 9-10, 2019
Maximize the return on investment (ROI) and optimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) of your products and systems.
Price: CAD 1495
The PSPO course teaches people how to maximize the return on investment (ROI) and optimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) of products and systems. Agile product ownership today requires more than knowledge of how to write a user story or manage a product backlog. Professional Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of everything that drives value from their products. PSPO helps participants develop and solidify this understanding―from early stakeholder management to release planning and delivery.
- Product managers responsible for optimizing the value of their products or line of products
- IT development managers responsible for a line of business and optimizing the value it gets from IT
- Have read the Scrum Guide (available on scrum.org)
- Understand the basics of product management
- Have been on or closely involved in a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Scrum can benefit the product development and business agility
What will you learn
- To maximize the ROI
- To use strategies allowing to maximize the flexibility and responsiveness of existing software products
- To work effectively with your business, the clients' competing priorities, and the marketplace while managing risks in an ever-changing environment.
- Value-driven development
The primary job of a product manager is to increase the value created by the product for which he or she is responsible. This section covers value drivers and strategies for measuring them.
- Managing requirements
The product backlog is the fuel that feeds the development team, and managing it is one of the primary roles of the Scrum Product Owner. Here, you will learn about user stories, ordering and organization strategies, and product backlog grooming.
- Release planning
A release is often the first step to realizing value. What better way to learn how to plan a release than to do it? Here, participants cover the basics of identifying a release’s goal and requirements, prioritization, estimation, adjustment, and baseline planning.
- Managing products
Total cost of ownership is fundamental to successfully managing a product. How do you balance between optimizing the value of a release and maximizing the value of the product or system as an asset for the organization?
December 9, 2019—9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
December 10, 2019—9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
2815, Boulevard Laurier
Québec (QC) G1V 4H3
Continental breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
The course begins at 9:00 a.m.
(Lunch is not included.)
Professional Training Network ProviderPyxis Technologies
Registration for this class has closed