Professional Scrum with User Experience Live Virtual Class, Feb 16-17, 2023
Professional Scrum with User Experience (PSU) is a 2-day hands-on course where students who already have a fundamental understanding of Scrum and some experience using it will learn how to integrate modern UX practices, (UX is more than UI) into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams. Design work can sometimes feel slow, and not well suited to quick agile cadences and Scrum events, but that isn't the case. Learn UX techniques that fit beautifully into Scrum, and practice these techniques with cross-functional teams in class. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum with User Experience I certification assessment (PSU I).
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn UX techniques that work most effectively with Scrum Teams. In addition, you will learn practical tools and practices to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value in the customer's eyes with Scrum Teams without changing Scrum.
Students will leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of "Done", Backlog prioritization and delivering "Done" Increments every Sprint. You will learn how to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum.
Professional Scrum with User Experience is an excellent training for everyone who works on a product team (engineers, product managers, etc): technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialities. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Created in Partnership with the Authors of Lean UX
Scrum.org and our Professional Scrum Trainers have worked with Jeff Gothelf and Joshua Seiden the authors of the book Lean UX in the creation of this course, leveraging their expertise and knowledge.
Who Should Attend
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX speciality with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams. This will enable them to help Development Teams to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver "Done" product each Sprint.
- People who know UX will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog. Sometimes, working in agile contexts. Learn how to lead cross-functional teams in discovery work and align the work of the team around learning and delivering value to users.
- Anyone involved in delivering the product (engineers, product managers, etc) as technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialities. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Students will leave the class understanding:
- How a cross-functional Scrum Team can include UX specialists
- How to account for, manage, prioritize and include UX work in the Backlog
- How to balance discovery and delivery within a Scrum Team
- How Scrum Teams create customer feedback loops within a Sprint
- How to ensure customer insight is included in Scrum events and decision-making
- What the Definition of "Done" is in a world of continuous learning
- How UX can inform better development decisions
- Understand how Scrum with UX enhance continuous learning
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Outcomes over outputs
- Managing UX work in Scrum
- Focus on users
Certification & Assessments
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSU I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSU class participants who attempt the PSU I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the price?
The price includes course materials, the PSU I assessment and lifetime certification from Scrum.org.
How do I achieve the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) certification?
The PSU I certification is achieved by taking and passing an online assessment in your own time following the course. It can be taken from any internet-connected computer.
What is required to achieve the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) certification?
The PSU I assessment is comprised of multiple-choice questions that must be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 85%. The course fee provides up to 2 attempts at the PSU I assessment.
Why learn with TheScrumMaster.co.uk?
We have helped 10,000+ people learn Scrum and we can help you!
We have 500+ LinkedIn recommendations and are 5 star rated on Trustpilot & Google!
We provide exclusive learning resources and practice assessments to get you certified fast!
Join our community and keep learning after your course. Free online coaching and consultations.
You will receive regular chances to attend another course at no cost.
You can join our Affiliate program and earn free course places.
What are the course hours?
The course hours are shown further down this page.
Can I attend from my country?
Yes. Everyone is welcome at all of our courses. You can attend from anywhere!
Can I attend on a different date?
Yes. We run courses regularly and you can find all our upcoming dates on our public course page.
How many people will attend?
Our courses are kept small to ensure a premium experience.
I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email us at Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk and we will advise you.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Yes. You can claim 14 PDU's for attending a course.
Do I need to pay VAT?
It depends where you live. If you are outside the UK then usually not! Find out more.
Do you offer discounts?
We usually offer discounts for group bookings, not for profit organisations and hardship cases. Find out more at our Discounts page.
Can I pay via credit/debit card?
Yes. Please select the 'Register now and pay via Credit Card' option when you register.
Can I register now and pay via invoice later?
Yes. Please select the 'Register now and pay later via Invoice' option when you register.
Where can I find more answers to common questions?
Visit our full FAQ page for more answers to frequently asked questions.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk
Price: GBP 1295
About The Trainer
Simon Kneafsey is a Professional Scrum Trainer with Scrum.org & TheScrumMaster.co.uk. He is on a mission to simplify Scrum for 1 million people. He has already helped 10,000+ people through in-person training. His learning resources at TheScrumMaster.co.uk have helped a further 250,000+ people. He can help you too!
Simon’s courses come highly recommended with 500+ personal LinkedIn recommendations. He is 5 star rated on Trustpilot & Google. His clients include Google, NASA, the United Nations, Toyota, Coca Cola, Microsoft, Roche, GSK and many, many more.
Simon has 20+ years of industry experience and has been using Scrum since 2005. He led the development of the Times newspaper iPad app and Dailymail.co.uk.
He is one of only a few Scrum trainers globally able to offer the full range of Scrum.org courses. He trains and coaches Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers and organisations in their transition to Scrum and Agile.
Simon is based in London, UK and offers Scrum training courses with certification all over the world. He is happy to provide private training, coaching and consulting for organisations.
This will be a Live Virtual Remote/Online Course. Find out more about our online courses.
Course hours are listed further up this page.
Full details on how to participate will be sent to you by email shortly before the class.
Live Virtual Course Requirements:
– Computer with an internet connection, Microphone, Speakers & Webcam
– Free install of Zoom
– We can assist you with the set-up on the days before the class if required.
– The trainer will be available for 30 minutes each day before the course starts to offer any technical assistance required.