Professional Scrum with User Experience Cincinnati, Oct 28-29, 2019
User Experience, UX, is more than UI! The 2 day Professional Scrum with User Experience course gives Scrum team members hands on experience with modern UX practices within scrum. Understand the value of return on learning and discover the best ways to incorporate User Experience into your scrum practice.
After the class, students will get a passcode to take the PSU 1 assessment. After passing the assessment, students will gain the industry recognized PSU 1 certification, which will never expire.
Price: USD 1500
The Professional Scrum with User Experience course provides 2 days of UX techniques that work effectively with Scrum Teams. In addition, you will learn practical tools and practices to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value in the customer's eyes with Scrum Teams without changing Scrum.
Students will leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of Done, Backlog ordering and delivering Done Increments every Sprint. You will learn how to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum.
Professional Scrum with User Experience is an excellent training for everyone who works on a product team (engineers, product managers, etc): technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
- UX and Scrum
- Connecting Scrum teams more closely to users
- Common patterns for employing UX practices within a sprint
- Balancing discovery and delivery work
- Cross functional scrum teams
In this course, students will:
- Identify effective modern UX practices that will work for their teams
- Understand the importance of user experience design for their product
- Discover ways to integrate UX practices into sprints and refinement
- Explore the balance of discovery and delivery work and its effect on delivered business value.
Who Should Attend
- Scrum practitioners who want to understand how modern UX practices fit into scrum
- Scrum practitioners struggling to integrate UX and continuous product discovery
- UX practitioners struggling to work inside the Scrum framework, especially working within Sprints
- Product Owners’s and stakeholders struggling to recognize the importance of discovery work and UX
Students will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have read and studied the Scrum Guide
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Have a strong practical experience of Scrum
- Want to expand their UX capabilities or integration within the scrum team
Assessment & Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the PSU Assessment, included in the cost of the course. If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSU 1 I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no cost.
This industry-recognized PSU certification requires a minimum passing score.
What Is Included
- Course materials
- Breakfast and lunch both days
- One free attempt at the PSU assessment (does not expire) - a $200 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSU certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
About Our Trainers
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Insight Digital Innovation is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
What Our Students Are Saying
- "Extremely useful materials I will take back to my teams."
- "Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable."
- "My favorite part was that the instructor could accommodate all levels of learning - novice to expert."
- "Real life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework."
For More Information
If you have further questions or want to inquire about private and/or on-site classes, coaching, or group discounts, reach out to Jenny Jackson: +1-513-984-6700 / jennifer,email@example.com.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders or white list to ensure you receive notifications about class logistics.
Insight Digital Innovation (formerly Cardinal Solutions)
Jenny Jackson: (513) 984-6700 / Jennifer.Jackson@insight.com
Private classes, on-site classes, and group discounts are available!
Insight Digital Innovation, formerly Cardinal Solutions, is a global technology company committed to helping clients innovate smarter so they can create digital experiences that drive differentiation and loyalty. Our Agile transformation services team can help you adopt an Agile framework to improve how your organization delivers, develops, and approaches products and services.
Professional Training Network ProviderInsight Digital Innovation
Registration for this class has closed