Professional Scrum with User Experience Gent, Oct 3-4, 2019
Professional Scrum with User Experience (PSU) is a 2-day hands-on course where students who already have a fundamental understanding of Scrum and some experience using it will learn how to integrate modern UX practices, (UX is more than UI) into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams. Design work can sometimes feel slow, and not well suited to quick agile cadences and Scrum events, but that isn't the case. Learn UX techniques that fit beautifully into Scrum, and practice these techniques with cross-functional teams in class. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum with User Experience I certification assessment (PSU I).
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn UX techniques that work most effectively with Scrum Teams. In addition, you will learn practical tools and practices to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value in the customer's eyes with Scrum Teams without changing Scrum.
Students will leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of "Done", Backlog prioritization and delivering "Done" Increments every Sprint. You will learn how to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum.
Professional Scrum with User Experience is an excellent training for everyone who works on a product team (engineers, product managers, etc): technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialities. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Created in Partnership with the Authors of Lean UX
Scrum.org and our Professional Scrum Trainers have worked with Jeff Gothelf and Joshua Seiden the authors of the book Lean UX in the creation of this course, leveraging their expertise and knowledge.
Who Should Attend
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX speciality with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams. This will enable them to help Development Teams to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver "Done" product each Sprint.
- People who know UX will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog. Sometimes, working in agile contexts. Learn how to lead cross-functional teams in discovery work and align the work of the team around learning and delivering value to users.
- Anyone involved in delivering the product (engineers, product managers, etc) as technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialities. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Students will leave the class understanding:
- How a cross-functional Scrum Team can include UX specialists
- How to account for, manage, prioritize and include UX work in the Backlog
- How to balance discovery and delivery within a Scrum Team
- How Scrum Teams create customer feedback loops within a Sprint
- How to ensure customer insight is included in Scrum events and decision-making
- What the Definition of "Done" is in a world of continuous learning
- How UX can inform better development decisions
- Understand how Scrum with UX enhance continuous learning
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Outcomes over outputs
- Managing UX work in Scrum
- Focus on users
Certification & Assessments
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSU I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSU class participants who attempt the PSU I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the price?
The price includes course materials, the PSU I assessment and lifetime certification from Scrum.org.
How do I achieve the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) certification?
The PSU I certification is achieved by taking and passing an online assessment in your own time following the course. It can be taken from any internet connected computer.
What is required to achieve the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) certification?
The PSU I assessment is comprised of multiple choice questions that must be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 85%. The course fee provides up to 2 attempts at the PSU I assessment.
What are the course hours?
Courses start at 09:00 and finish at 17:00 each day.
How many people will attend?
Our courses are kept small to ensure a premium experience.
How should I prepare for the course?
The only preparation required is to read the Scrum Guide.
I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email us at Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk and we will advise you.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Yes. You can claim 14 PDU's for attending a course.
Can I pay via credit/debit card?
Yes. Please select the 'Register now and pay via Credit Card' option when you register.
Can I register now and pay via invoice later?
Yes. Please select the 'Register now and pay later via Invoice' option when you register.
Where can I find more answers to common questions?
Visit our full FAQ page for more answers to frequently asked questions.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at Support@TheScrumMaster.co.uk
Price: EUR 1495
About The Trainer
Simon Kneafsey is a Professional Scrum Trainer with Scrum.org. He is one of only a few Scrum trainers globally able to offer the full range of Scrum.org courses. Simon has 150+ LinkedIn recommendations from happy clients.
Simon has 10+ years experience with Scrum and 20+ years of experience in IT. Simon led the development of the Times newspaper iPad app and www.dailymail.co.uk. He has been there, done it and has the scars to prove it.
Over the last 10 years, Simon has been helping organisations including Google, Microsoft, UK Government, Vodafone, Marks & Spencer and Pearson. Simon has trained 2000+ people in 500+ organisations across the world.
He is based in London and offers Scrum training courses with certification all over the world. He trains and coaches Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Development Teams and organisations in their transition to Scrum and Agile.
Simon is always happy to arrange private training for your company. Please get in touch to find out more.
What Clients Have To Say About Simon:
“He’s a phenomenal teacher of Scrum techniques and articulated the Scrum concepts professionally with classic real life examples. Simon has complete mastery about Scrum Framework and proficiently teaches on how it applies in Complex Projects. I think Simon is the best Scrum Trainer out there and I highly recommend him for all your Scrum Training needs”
- Praisewin Dinakar. Sr. Staff Software Engineer at Motorola.
I have been lucky enough to attend the Professional Scrum Master presented by Simon. I spent a lot of time searching for, and finding a good course presented by an experienced tutor. Simon lived up to his online profile for professional knowledge and experience and this ensured his course that I attended was both insightful and practical. His knowledge of Scrum theory and real world experiences ensured I received maximum value.
- Chris Hall. Lead Software Engineer and Scrum Master at Kingfisher IT Services
“If there is one man who knows about Scrum – it is Simon Kneafsey. Buckle up and hold tight as Simon will take you through everything you need to know about Scrum. Engaging, entertaining and drawing on both theory and practice, he is the only man for all your Scrum training needs.”
- Davin Mac Ananey Head of Online / Senior Digital Professional.
“How to teach about being a Scrum Master while acting as a great Scrum Master? That’s what Simon did. Experienced, precise with excellent communication skills, Simon kept the motivation of the audience and he met the deadline and goals of the course.”
- Josep F. Barranco. Scrum Master at King.
“Simon clearly has a mastery of what he teaches and made the course both enjoyable and simple to follow with real-world examples and good use of visuals. Simon has deep knowledge of Scrum and Agile frameworks having previously run leading edge projects prior to becoming a trainer. If you’re serious about Scrum, I recommended you attend one of Simon’s courses.”
- Arun Malhotra. Engagement Leader at Pegasystems.
“Simon is really passionate with what was explaining to us. He shared experiences and ideas that added great value to the course. Definitely Simon has lot of knowledge and was able to reply to all our questions and concerns.”
- Juan A. Rico Lorente. PHP Developer & Scrum Master.
Ottergemsesteenweg Zuid 808 b300,
Professional Training Network ProviderThe Scrum Master
Registration for this class has closed