Scaled Professional Scrum
Live Virtual Class, February 21-24, 2023
Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) with Nexus is a 2-day course designed as an experiential workshop where students learn how to scale Scrum using the Nexus Framework. Throughout, you are introduced to the artefacts and events within the framework, the new Nexus Integration Team role, along with more than 50 associated practices. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Scaled Professional Scrum certification exam.
Over the two days*, students will simulate a large product development project using the Nexus Framework. The workshop is delivered using an end-to-end case study where students work together to organize and simulate a scaled product development project. Throughout the workshop, students will be introduced to more than 50 practices (find many of the practices here) that can be used to help reduce complexity and dependencies at scale.
The workshop will provide students with an understanding of how to launch, structure, staff, and manage a large Agile project using Scrum. Throughout the workshop, students will learn the infrastructure, tools and practices needed to successfully scale Scrum to maximize the value of their product development initiative.
By taking a hands-on approach, students are fully engaged in the learning process, where they see first-hand the challenges in large-scale development initiatives and solutions for getting the work back on track. They will leave the workshop with techniques to detect irregularities and how to address them appropriately.
The course is accredited by Scrum.org. All participants completing the course may take part in an assessment for industry-recognized SPS certification. Students are also able to claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits.
More details about the course - https://www.meirik.com/training-portfolio/scaled-professional-scrum-with-nexus
*When offered in person, this course is generally delivered over two consecutive days. However, when offered as a Live Virtual Class, the course may be broken up into more, shorter days
Aims and objectives
- Learn how to scale Scrum using the Nexus framework
- Learn how to overcome challenges in large-scale development initiatives
- Keep development initiatives on track
- Experience organizing several teams working on the same product
- Optimize team productivity
- Understand how to identify, minimize and remove dependencies
The Scaled Professional Scrum course is recommended for development leads, development managers, project/program managers and anyone else involved in coaching, formulating, participating in or managing scaled product development projects using Agile and Scrum.
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
The training price includes:
- excellent, full of knowledge and interactive training conducted by two certified trainers with rich knowledge and years of experience in using Scrum in practice,
- 100% certainty that the training will take place on time,
- all the necessary materials in an electronic version,
- a small, 12-person training group, allowing for the maximum use of the potential of an interactive workshop,
- a single-use password for the SPS assessment (allowing to obtain the SPS certificate),
- a book that will allow you to furtherly explore knowledge and support you in everyday challenges.
Find out more about Scale Professional Scrum certification on the website https://www.scrum.org/scaled-professional-scrum-certification
There are no set prerequisites to attend the course. However, a solid understanding of Scrum and Agile fundamentals is recommended.