Scaled Professional Scrum Quebec City, Nov 20-21, 2019
This two-day, hands-on Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) workshop provides a unique opportunity to work with Agile practitioners from other organizations on a simulated, large-scale software development project.
You’ll collaborate on an end-to-end case study to launch, structure, staff, and manage a complex Agile project using Scrum and the Nexus™ framework. Experience the typical challenges of larger development initiatives firsthand and discover solutions for getting the work back on track. You’ll learn more than fifty practices for reducing complexity and dependencies at scale and leave the workshop with the tools and techniques you need to detect irregularities and address them. You will leave knowing how to scale Scrum in order to maximize the value of your software development initiative. You will be introduced to the Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) framework and walk through forming and managing a Nexus, the exoskeleton of Scrum
Who Should Attend?
SPS is targeted at development leads and managers and anyone else involved in formulating, participating or managing scaled Scrum product development. Organizations are encouraged to send a team of people that will be (or already are) running large Scrum initiatives.
It is specially oriented to those who:
- Already are effectively running small Scrum projects
- Want to apply multiple Scrum teams to develop a large system or product
- Managing scaled projects
- Struggling with scaled projects
The following prerequisites for attending this course are, while not mandatory, strongly recommended:
- Have studied the Nexus Guide (required).
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working with a Scrum Team or through taking a Professional Scrum Master class or similar course.
- Have an understanding of development techniques, tools, and practices needed to sustain large scale development.
- Attempted the Nexus Open assessment.
Price: CAD 1495
- The new roles, artifacts, and events you need to scale successfully
- How to organize several teams working on the same product so efforts and productivity are optimized
- Practices that will help your teams build an integrated software product efficiently
- Techniques to detect irregularities and how to address them appropriately
- Challenges you may encounter in large-scale development initiatives and how to get back on track
- Scaled Scrum is still Scrum
- Introduction to the Nexus Framework
- New role, artifacts, and events
- Organizing teams & work
- Managing the Nexus & Nexus+™
- Dealing with common challenges
- Practices to help teams efficiently build an
- integrated software product
All participants completing the Scaled Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Scaled Professional Scrum I (SPS I) assessment. The industry-recognized SPS I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. If you attempt the SPS I assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is included in the price?
The price includes two days of training, which includes course materials and the opportunity to take the SPS assessment and certification after the course.
I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email me at email@example.com and I will advise you.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Yes. You can claim 14 PDU's for attending a course.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for this class has closed