Skip to main content

Developer Questions in PSM I Test

Last post 05:36 pm August 23, 2017 by Curtis Slough
3 replies
01:45 pm August 23, 2017

Hello everybody,

I'm preparing for PSM I and found some articles saying that the test has questions from outside the guide, such as Developers Questions. Topics related but not limited to testing and pair programming. Where can I find an article, or a document that covers the topic? I'm scheduled to do the exam in few days, so a book won't be a good option. 

I'm consistently achieving 100% in the preparation test, did it more than 5 times in one session, but those are at most 40-50 questions on rotation. 

Thanks for your advice.

Ali

04:07 pm August 23, 2017

I've recently taken the PSM I, PSM II and PSPO I exams, and as far as I recall, I've only seen these sorts of questions on the PSD (Professional Scrum Developer) open assessment; although I have a software developer background, so perhaps they did come up, and just didn't disturb me enough for me to remember!

Perhaps someone else can confirm my belief that software development practices are not covered in PSM I... 

05:17 pm August 23, 2017

I agree with what Simon has stated, as I also recently did with PSM I, II and PSPO I assessments and I did not find any questions related to PSD in PSM I, II or PSPO I. However, you might get some questions from Development/Developer topics. But you could prepare for that with the Scrum Developer Open assessment. I believe that may be more than enough.

- Ashok

05:36 pm August 23, 2017

The only questions that I remember from being "outside" the scrum guide are hypothetical and situational questions that make you think outside the box. There were no development questions that I recall. I took the open assessments until I got 100% 30 times in a row. I scored a 92% or so if I'm not mistaken. Read the Scrum Guide several times, take the open assessment for the PSM as many times as you can stomach. If you want, look at the Scrum Developer Open Assessment and the other open assessments offered on Scrum.org; it won't hurt but you won't see much, if any, of those questions on the PSM1 assessment.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.