Skip to main content

Agile Project Management with Scrum Book, 1st or 2nd edition?

Last post 11:16 pm November 9, 2017 by Gregory M. Smith
3 replies
09:22 am October 1, 2017

Hi my friends,

I wonder if any of you know the differences between the "Agile Project Management with Scrum" book's 1st and 2nd editions.

https://www.amazon.com/Agile-Project-Management-Developer-Practices/dp/…

https://www.amazon.com/Management-Developer-Practices-Schwaber-2015-12-…

And I noticed that the 2nd edition costs 688 $ ? Why is it so expensive ?

04:49 am November 9, 2017

2nd edition appears to be limited in quantity and the autopricing bots have raised the price sky high.

I've also found that the 1st edition seems to have two different covers. Not sure what the difference is between those, but I found a used copy on amazon with the "green block" design in the picture and received the "red dots" design.

08:02 am November 9, 2017

I have kindle version of 1st edition. It is a great read.

I didn't see 2nd edition recommended anywhere and don't know much about it except the picture of the cover and the price on amazon. Would be interesting to know for sure. Is it for real? No reviews, no details either.  Sellers Id is “Rest of Canaan” check the seller info. Doesn't seem too authentic.

I bought 1st edition because it seems to be the recommended reading for scrum courses.

11:16 pm November 9, 2017

There are several places online that seem to corroborate a second edition with the same details:

Paperback

336 Pages

Published: 28/11/2015

Agile Project Management with Scrum (Paperback)

Ken Schwaber (author), Richard Hundhausen (author), David Starr (author)

ISBN-10: 0-7356-9693-4        / 0735696934

ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-9693-8 / 9780735696938

But nowhere in stock for anything less than $600. Perhaps Mr. Schwaber might comment as one of the listed authors. The book is also not on Microsoft Press website.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.