Passed PSM1 with 98.8% in first attempt
I passed PSM1 today with 79 point out of 80. I am very thankful to this forum which provided me right guidance to go ahead and pass the exam even when i don't have much experience in Scrum. I would like to share how i prepared as it can benefit others -
1. I started 15 days back by reading Scrum Guide thoroughly and just after one reading attempted scrum open assessment and secured only 77%. However i got to know what I missed earlier. Then re read several times until I understood all the concepts mentioned in the guide.
2. Once done with Scrum guide I again attempted Scrum Open and Product Owner Open assessments several times until got 100% several times. This is very much necessary because in main exam several questions reappear and they save your time. Also attempted MLapshin's quiz several times and i must tell you that it is one of the things without which your preparation cant be complete. If you want to thoroughly understand Scrum guide attempt this quiz and read the explanations question by question. The explanation will have exact words from Scrum guide on which question is set.
4. Attempted several other quizzes - MPlaza free question, Scrummaster.co.uk etc but mind you that several questions were incorrectly set and also, for some, explanation provided is not correct. the only authentic source is Scrum guide which we should follow religiously. I also started reading Mplaza Scrum training Manual but found it unnecessary so never read it again.
3. By this time, I got good understanding of Scrum with few doubts which I asked on Scrum forum and also tried to read through other discussions going on. This gave me more deeper understanding of how things are done practically.
5. In order to prepare more thoroughly and to gather knowledge of some of the topics not covered in Scrum Guide - Burndown charts, Scaling Scrum etc I watched few free videos on youtube including Saket Bansal videos which were very helpful.
6. Lastly just two days before exam, I purchased Scrum Narrative and PSM guide by Mohammed Musthafa Soukath Ali for more practice. I found this book very useful and attempted all questions provided in this book. The five quicktests (10 questions) and mock test (80 questions) were very useful because they had higher difficulty level than the main test.I completed the mock test of 80 question with 7 wrong answers in 50 minutes. After taking the mock test I was confident that i can clear the final exam. Later the next day I appeared for the exam and secured good marks with only one question wrong. I finished the exam with 20 minutes spare in which i revised the bookmarked questions.
All the best to those who are going to take this test.