Skip to main content

Scrum joke

Last post 10:41 pm December 14, 2017 by Timothy Baffa
7 replies
02:05 pm December 12, 2017

I wrote an Agile joke to poke fun at my PO<->Team interface. 

PO: How many Scrum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

I can’t believe you are even asking us that question.  

First, you are effectively asking us to estimate something in engineer days, and you know we work in story points.  

Second, and we’ve talked about this before, you are encoding the solution into the story.  What we need are stories with requirements. Your requirements are something like you can make the room light or dark with the flick of a switch. Please sort this out with the stakeholders. 

Third, you haven’t, in any way, defined the exit criteria. For example what are we doing with testing and documentation?

Fourth, we clearly have a solution that requires regular manual intervention. This is unacceptable for a truly agile team.  We need to invest in automation of the bulb changing, or whatever solution we come up with.  This will make the story more than 100 points, so say goodbye to velocity for three months.

Er, hold on, maybe it’s actually an impediment that the team can’t see what it’s doing…..  there you go, bulb changed.

07:49 am December 13, 2017

Third, you haven’t, in any way, defined the exit criteria. For example what are we doing with testing and documentation?

How is it the PO's resposibility to define the Definition of Done? :P

And, since this is supposed to be a humorous thread, here is the shortest Scrum joke ever:

A Scrum Master without sticky notes.

11:06 am December 14, 2017

A fun thing I sometimes come up with, when a team starts getting a little sloppy when it comes to fulfilling their DoD is the DoAD ;-)

DoAD

11:23 am December 14, 2017

Another one describes pretty good what's wrong with management interfering with a team's estimation :)

Estimation

09:03 pm December 14, 2017

a lot of joke about estimates :-)

10:38 pm December 14, 2017

I love Dilbert!

Agile Methodology - Dilbert by Scott Adams

10:40 pm December 14, 2017

- Dilbert by Scott Adams

10:41 pm December 14, 2017

- Dilbert by Scott Adams

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.