Skip to main content

Passed my exam with 95% at first attempt

Last post 08:15 pm December 29, 2017 by Thyago Santos
1 reply
09:05 am December 29, 2017

I was afraid because many people who they studied they failed exam several times, so i got a little worried... but i am so happy,

Some suggestion to the people...

- Not focus only in the open assesment and other quiz by internet. Ensure that you understand the guide. All it is based on the guide, there are many questions which they are not on the guide, it is more for checking that you understand the guide and you know how to apply it...

What did i do?

- I took a course with some company in Spain two years ago... after that i learn the best suggestion is taking course with someone of scrum.org.... However course is not mandatory success the exam...

- I did quiz many times in the open assesment and getting 100% many times, my minimum acceptable was 1 question failed... > You will see some question of this, but not much...

- The time of the exam is very just... you don´t have many times for checking the guide, but you can have time for doing it sometime....for that you need to understand the guide and read in english fine....

- In my case i did the exam with 3 screens. One, for the test, one for the guide in html format: https://www.scrumguides.org/scrum-guide.html and other one for doing a translation of some word which i did not understand (not much)

You will lose time too, because the exam is slow going from one question to other...

However, i had 10 minutes for reviewing, but it was because i got to understand the guide, if not it is not possible to pass exam... you need to understand it, i don´t say to study much and much, i mean: UNDERSTANDING THE GUIDE IS MORE IMPORTANT.... there are several concepts they need to be automatic for you... like timebox for the meetings, responsabilities, scrum values, all this should be automatic for you... because you need to apply so much concept for demostrating you understand Scrum...

I hope you find usefull my suggestions...

Best regards,

05:28 pm December 29, 2017

Hi, Pedro!

Nice to hear that. I'm studying right now for the PSPO I exam and I'm wondering: do you recommend anything else besides the Scrum Guide? 

And how about the open assessments? There are a plenty of websites offering free tests, but the results do not seem to be consistent. Do you have any tips?

Thanks in advance and congratulations!

Kind regards,

Thyago

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.