Skip to main content

Enterprise Transformation using Agile/Scrum

Last post 04:09 pm April 20, 2018 by RJ Macasaet
2 replies
02:17 pm April 10, 2018

Has anyone been part of a 'true' Enterprise Agile/Scrum transformation (successful or not)?  I'm curious if there's any first hand knowledge of an organization's business side (non-IT) utilizing Agile/Scrum to transform.  How long was the process, what was the short/long term impacts, etc.

08:47 pm April 10, 2018

There are a lot of articles about this in the internet, I suggest you to google it. 

My company sells insurance. We're doind agile transformation, using agile and some scrum principles. 

It's pretty messed up but it works in someways... 

We started 2 years ago, and I believe that we're far from agile. The hierarchy and comand and control posture are the biggest challenges. 

In short therm is usually a mess. In long therm it can change people mindset which is great ..

04:09 pm April 20, 2018

I have been responsible for agile transformation in several enterprises, both successful and unsuccessful. I would say that a key indicator for success is the leadership of an organization. Leaders have to be down-to-earth and ready to work side-by-side with each and every single person in the organization - no matter what their role is (even non-IT). Organizations with leaders who are obsessed with politics and power, who are not transparent, and who simply want to make money by exploiting the talents of others - are the ones who fail. If you study the Scrum Framework carefully, you will notice that there is no such organizational superiority of one member over the other. I think this is the key. If each and every person is empowered to do what they are best at, only then will true agile transformation in enterprises will take place.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.