Skip to main content

How difficult is SPS compared with PSM I and PSPO I

Last post 12:17 am August 1, 2018 by Tim M
5 replies
02:50 am July 30, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am PSM I and PSPO I certified. I am wondering how difficult is SPS compared with the 2 other exams that I took. Personally, I found the PSPO I exam quite difficult. Is the Nexus guide sufficient for me to pass the SPS exam? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Harley

03:09 am July 30, 2018

SPS certification focuses on the development context of multiple Scrum teams.

The difficulty is higher than that of PSM I and PSPO I. A lot of questions are situations that need thinking.

In addition to Scrum Guide and Nexus Guide, the following book can provide you with a more complete knowledge of learning.

The Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0134682661

04:19 pm July 30, 2018

Hi Ching-Pei, 

Would you be so kind to clarify, are all questions were related to NExus or maybe some questions were from PSM or PSPO? 

Maybe  a little bit silly question from my side, but anyway I will be very grateful for your answer. 

01:02 am July 31, 2018

Hi Orkhan,

It's hard to say.

In my memory, about 90% of the exam questions are about multiple development teams. 

The Nexus is based on the Scrum Framework, so there are some basic concepts, such as technical debt, product backlog, self-organization, etc.

There are also Scenarios with multi-answer/multi-choice questions. 

It means that each scenario will be associated with multiple questions, and each question may be multiple-choice or multi-answer.

05:30 am July 31, 2018

Thanks a lot, Ching-Pei.

12:17 am August 1, 2018

Ching is correct The Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum must read to pass because it gets you thinking scaled.

The Nexus guide is a must read.

All the white paper resources are good to.

This is a good practice test, but it does not have scenarios. Like the SPS does. 

http://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/scaled-scrum-quiz/

Experience helps. What's funny is I scaled the same way Nexus scales in 2009 before it even existed but I still found it sort of difficult. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.