Skip to main content

How to integrate Jira and Microsoft Project?

Last post 10:48 pm July 31, 2018 by Tim M
3 replies
11:02 am July 31, 2018

Looking for a solution to integrate Jira and Microsoft Project  for full portfolio visibility, task management and reporting.

Thanks

David

05:36 pm July 31, 2018

Have you contacted JIRA about this?

08:30 pm July 31, 2018

That is a tough one. Depends on if you are Cloud or if you are Client Server.

It's sort of a pain but can be done. Jira has a lot of plugins and there are more Client\Server plugins than Cloud plugins. Some reason they just don't have as many on cloud that work as well as on Client\Server. 

If you contact Atlassian\Jira they will refer you to some of the plugins or they will create a custom solution.

Jira has a Portfolio manager add on, also another is called Big Picture from a plug in creator. 

You may end up like most people do working in two tools MS project and Jira then pulling the data together. I have used Jira for 10 years so I know. 

Your Jira admin should be able to research some of this for you.

10:48 pm July 31, 2018

Actually if you list out your requirements I can give you better recommendations. If they let us share emails I'd tell you to email me but the admins don't allow that. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.