Skip to main content

PSM1 Preperation help

Last post 07:54 pm September 14, 2018 by Neil Könnecke
7 replies
07:10 am August 13, 2018

Hi everyone,

I am actually preparing for the PSM1 exam. 

I have gone through the guide and given a couple of mock tests.

My issue is - I am not able to figure out the difficulty level of the real exam. Every mock test has a different difficulty level, which is making me unsure that whether I am prepared for it or not.

Is there any website/ source which provides questions of the same difficulty level.

P.S. - I do not want false hope from the mock tests which are too simple as compared to the real exam.

Thank you.

07:51 am August 13, 2018

https://fxcuissot.com/how-to-pass-scrum-certifications/

U can follow the above link instructions for PSM-1, PSPO-1 SPS certifications

08:56 am August 13, 2018

Hi Amit, 

I've passed exam for ~97% and used such materials: 

1 - Of course Scrum Guide (you have not just to read but also to understand the processes)

2 - my mock test was Volkerdon. Was really helpful and questions are close to real one

3 - And finally scrum crazy. There are too much useful articles there. 

If you want you may read excellent book of Gunther Verheyen , but the book is more about PSM 2 rather than PSM 1. Anyway it will help you. 

But it is up to me. You have to choose "your own way"

07:12 pm September 10, 2018

@Orkhan - Does Volkerdon mock tests have explanations for the answers too ?

07:57 pm September 10, 2018

Hi Rashmi, 

Yes, there are explanations for almost all questions on volkerdon 

09:43 pm September 12, 2018

Use the search function of the forum, there are literally THOUSANDS of posts for tips. You can also just look at the exam page as it tells you exactly what to study.

01:04 pm September 13, 2018

In my case, Scrum Flash cards helped a lot as well in addition to the Scrum Guide and mock exams.

04:33 pm September 14, 2018

Hi Amit,

I just took my PSM I test today and passed. I used the Scrum Guide and a mock exam that resembled the questions very closely.

For the Scrum Guide: https://www.scrumguides.org/scrum-guide.html

For the mock exam: http://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/

The mock exam has a learning mode, which provides the correct answers with guided feedback, and a real mode which simulates the real exam, 80 questions in 60 minutes with no feedback. I took that exam quite a few times until I was able to score 100% on the first attempt. I did this for about two weeks and also did the open assessments right here on Scrum.org. 

A key piece of advice is to be certain you fully understand Scrum Theory and can really dissect a situation. That will be crucial to your success.

Hope these will help and best of luck on your exam!

Neil

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.