Skip to main content

What are the steps need to be  taken to check whether team followed scrum or not

Last post 09:44 pm September 5, 2018 by Chris Belknap
5 replies
04:27 pm September 5, 2018

What are the steps need to be  taken  to  check  whether  scrum team followed  scrum methodologies or not  when Scrum Master was not handling the Scrum team for a month or two.

05:23 pm September 5, 2018

Did the team agree and meet Sprint Goals through which valuable, release-quality increments were delivered to the Product Owner?

05:39 pm September 5, 2018

This was a interview question being asked to me and I said the same points as Ian mentioned. Apart from this is there is anything else I had to mention....

06:26 pm September 5, 2018

If the Scrum Master is not embedded with the team for a month or two, the Scrum Master is not observing the team, and it is therefore challenging for a SM to assess a team's adherence to Scrum.

Interesting that they posed the question as whether the team was "following Scrum methodologies".

In addition to Ian's comments around delivery and inspection, I'd also want to understand how the team has tried to improve sprint to sprint in my absence.

07:28 pm September 5, 2018

This was a interview question being asked to me and I said the same points as Ian mentioned

If it was an interview question then I would interpret it a bit more strictly. By definition Scrum is not being followed if the team was without benefit of a Scrum Master, so there is no need to check further.

09:44 pm September 5, 2018

What are the steps need to be  taken  to  check  whether  scrum team followed  scrum methodologies or not  when Scrum Master was not handling the Scrum team for a month or two.

I would question whether or not the interviewer was even capable of making an good assessment of a prospect if he/she was using the term methodologies, along with such an irrelevant question, and probably not want to work there.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.