Skip to main content

Scaled agile model for global teams

Last post 03:03 pm September 14, 2018 by Ching-Pei Li
3 replies
11:07 am September 14, 2018

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me a good model for implementing agile ( teams are using scrum and kanban now) for teams that are located at different geographic locations.

For SAFe , its not economically feasible for us to have the program increments planned at one place periodically. Instead we are having swat teams travelling to a single location but this does not involve all the team members.They don't get to join the discussions that happen and mostly things are pushed to them.

I am looking for a more collaborative, inclusive and transparent and less complex model for scaling agile.

Thanks. 

11:41 am September 14, 2018

I am looking for a more collaborative, inclusive and transparent and less complex model for scaling agile.

The advice I would give is to only "scale agile" as a last resort. It's best to first de-scale the challenges which an organization is facing, as far as possible, so that they can be dealt with by mature and proven agile teams.

So how "collaborative, inclusive, and transparent" has the organization been in reducing complexity before existing, mature agile teams have to deal with it? I suggest getting clear evidence of this before attempting to scale agile practice.

01:05 pm September 14, 2018

Have a look at Nexus and let's know your thoughts on the suitability.

03:03 pm September 14, 2018

The Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0134682661

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.