Skip to main content

Any Scrum or Agile Certification for the department or Corporate like ISO or CMMI?

Last post 01:43 pm September 23, 2022 by Vijayalakshmi Y
5 replies
11:50 am November 30, 2018

Hi, is there any Scrum or Agile Certification for the department or Corporate like ISO or CMMI?  Thanks.

03:54 pm November 30, 2018

is there any Scrum or Agile Certification for the department or Corporate like ISO or CMMI?

Do the Scrum.org certifications you have found seem to be irrelevant to those bodies?

01:50 am December 1, 2018

What I mean if there any institution that certify scrum/agile for the whole corporate/departments instead of individual?  

06:57 pm December 3, 2018

See:

https://www.scrum.org/resources/evidence-based-management

As far as I’m aware there is no corresponding certification. At enterprise level, evidence of proficiency is measured empirically across a number of dimensions.

05:24 pm December 4, 2018

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you want to have this certification so that your company can claim it when they quote services to others.  But as @Ian said, I know of nothing like that and empirical evidence is used to speak as proof.  The ability to continuously deliver value is the proof of a good Scrum organization and evidence that they know how to use the Scrum framework to improve themselves.

I will go as far as to say that in a previous life I worked for a company that contracted one of those highly certified organizations and had the worst experience possible.  Just because an organization can get certified, it does not prove that the individual groups within the organization can live up to those standards. I would rather see many individuals with certifications than an organization.  That shows me that the people doing the work are appreciative of the ideals for which they have been certified.

I suggest that instead of looking for an organizational certification, maybe you should solicit customer testimonials instead.  They will probably have a better impact on companies looking to engage you.

10:30 am September 23, 2022

Something related this post where I wanted to understand on how it is seen/perceived when CMMI v2.0 adopted to use Agile in its Practice Areas. Am more interested in knowing, how the Metrices which CMMI using agile expects are implemented across the industries.

Also CMMI L5 mostly focuses on Predictability on the practices that are implemented, how Agile Scrum is used to achieve that maturity. 

Thanks in advance!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.