Skip to main content

EXIN certification

Last post 06:17 pm June 16, 2021 by Tasmina zara
3 replies
09:48 am March 30, 2019

Hi forum, 

I'm planning to get to a new certification as agile coach, so I found EXIN certification as one of the option ( AgilePM course ), 

I would like to hear your opinion, and if you suggest a different course I would be thankful to hear from you :) 

07:16 am April 2, 2019

Hi Saleh

If you are serious about becoming an Agile Coach, then I would consider looking into ICAgile and looking at their Agile Coaching learning Path.

03:11 am April 5, 2019

Hi Saleh, Exin is a certification body based in the Netherlands with a long history with Prince2 and ITIL. Its taken mainly outside of the US and Europe. They have been offering a few certifications on Scrum/Agile with the Foundations and the ASM certification. The ASM is though to be much more difficult in obtaining although it has a lower pass mark of 65% with a similar style pass mark. In addition you have to go through a partner that prequalifies you for the exam - the most common people talk about is Simplilearn (although many wont recommend them), where you have like a 3 week long course (2 days x 4 hrs weekends), a project with hand up and passing a mock test. The exam is proctored. The syllabus is more broad than CSM and PSM, and has significant Agile and related methodologies like ITIL and DevOps etc., and it has a high failure rate. One of the reasons might be due to there not being much mock questions in the wild. There are a few who claim to have exam sims, but they are very poor in quality. However the exam syllabus is well laid out with references to books and material for each topic. If you go to this forum you will see it being discussed by a few people who have taken it and compare it ot CSM and PSM. Hope this helps  

https://www.projectmanagement.com/discussion-topic/87008/Which-Scrum-Ma…-

05:48 am June 16, 2021

Hi agreed if you really want to earn a worthy certificate then my recommendation is PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.