Skip to main content

We have been fired !

Last post 11:31 am June 20, 2019 by Eugene M
4 replies
06:47 am June 17, 2019

Hi,

I can't believe it. Corporation decided to close R&D team in Poland - roughly 30 people. I have worked 21+ years here. It is a chance for me to change my life. Do you know any software company working according to scrum having office in Warsaw, Poland ?

Here is my LinkedIn profile - to be polished: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marek-mitros-8a21873/

Regards,

Marek

07:29 am June 17, 2019

I understand this is a bad thing, but I do not think this forum is an extension of linkedin or any job database site, right?

Also, I would guess "software company working according to scrum" is waaaayyyyyy to generic to get valuable input...

Good luck finding a new job though!

09:05 pm June 17, 2019

I see, so scrum forum is not for unemployed people. They are like free electrons between organizations. What methodology they should use to find the proper atom ?

05:14 pm June 19, 2019

@ Merek, I think what Xander was saying is that while we feel for your loss of employment; posting a message saying "I need work, please help me" is not appropriate for this forum. LinkedIn is great for that kind of post as LinkedIn is geared towards professional recruiting and social media. This forum is for learning about Scrum. 

11:31 am June 20, 2019

I mean no disrespect, Marek - in fact, I'm trying to help. Here's what I think:

I can't believe it. Corporation decided to close R&D team in Poland - roughly 30 people. I have worked 21+ years here. It is a chance for me to change my life. Do you know any software company working according to scrum having office in Warsaw, Poland ?

• That's just how things are. Everywhere. Not just Poland. Or the US. Everywhere. 
  • There's no obligation for corporations to keep open offices. They have duties (including towards private owners or shareholders) to run efficiently, generate revenue, pay taxes, develop/expand, and surely, please their customers!
  • If, for whatever reasons, they determine one or more people has/ve to be placed on redundancy, or even an entire office has to be closed, then so be it. There are other companies, other jobs and opportunities.
  • For a person with over twenty years of experience, like yourself, I believe you should be more aware of how things (life even!) work(s). Although, to be fair, I appreciate that fear and the incoming change in your life are the main drivers behind your frustration. I may very well feel the same under similar circumstances, who knows?
  • Rather than asking us of such software companies, would it not be better if you researched yourself using your friends and connections? You very likely know the Polish market and you capital's market better than most of us anyway.

I see, so scrum forum is not for unemployed people. They are like free electrons between organizations. What methodology they should use to find the proper atom ?

• The forum is for everyone. At least this is what I've seen. But what's your topic's relevance to the overall aim of the forum? Have you seen others with a similar approach?
  • Do you see the difference between your topic and other topics where people ask for suggestions on how to find a new job, how to improve their skills, and even how to get into a Scrum Master position?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.