Skip to main content

Scrum Study vs Scrum Alliance vs scrum.org

Last post 08:49 pm September 24, 2019 by Timothy Baffa
3 replies
04:17 pm September 24, 2019

Hello everybody!

I have been in the SW development industry for many years as a Project Manager.   I am relatively new in Scrum and Agile.   Soon, Im going to start a new, very complex and ambitious project, and the idea is tu use Scrum.    My concearn in this moment is to have a very good training support for me and my team.   My problem is that in my country (Mexico) there are no courses held by scrum.org, and the training offered by Scrum Alliance are very expensive, and their timeframes does not adjust with ours.    The other choice that Im looking for is Scrum Study.    They have a lot of vendors in my country, that offer courses in flexible timeframes and are a lot more cheaper.   I am not intereseted in certifications..... Certifications does not do the work, people do.   So my interest is to have a very good training basis for me and my team, in order to deliver the best results for this project.    What recomendations can you give me?

Thanks!

Alberto

04:55 pm September 24, 2019

Alberto, we do have classes running in Mexico and are always adding more so keep checking this list.  Additionally if you are looking to train your team, we have private classes that can be held just for your team or if it is a small number we can use that as a reason to start a new public class.

08:48 pm September 24, 2019

Alberto, whatever path you choose, my advice is to avoid ScrumStudy.   They will likely do more harm to your Scrum aspirations than help.

https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/5924/scrumstudys-sbok

https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/5924/scrumstudys-sbok

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.