Skip to main content

Check lists for transition before replacing Senior Scrum Master

Last post 06:53 am October 30, 2019 by Xander Ladage
3 replies
05:32 pm October 26, 2019

Hello All,

• I am going to replace a Senior Scrum Master and take the charge for the team who are good enough to take care about themselves in Agile Scrum.
  • Can any one please help me in knowing what are the questions or check list should I prepare for transition related to scrum master ,So that I can discuss with Senior Scrum master before he departs from the project.

03:24 pm October 28, 2019

What's the difference between a Scrum Master and a Senior Scrum Master? What duties does this person do that's different from yourself or any other non-senior Scrum Master? This is not a take charge type of role. Some of the rest of the info should come from the team. What areas do they think they can improve in and such? What obstacles does the team currently workaround if any? 

09:12 pm October 28, 2019

Can any one please help me in knowing what are the questions or check list should I prepare for transition related to scrum master ,So that I can discuss with Senior Scrum master before he departs from the project.

Why do you believe that the “questions or check list” you hope for even exists?

06:53 am October 30, 2019

How about just one question? "What does the team need from me you think?"

And than ask the same question to the team... and done

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.