Skip to main content

What is the role of Agile PMO?

Last post 06:17 am November 1, 2019 by Ian Mitchell
4 replies
10:23 am October 30, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I've just been hired as a PMO in an agile environment?

My background is PMO Analyst in Waterfall environment.

The organisation have never had a PMO Before, so part of my responsibility is to set up a PMO.

The organisation is looking to optimize performance and visibility among scrum team.

Can anyone advise me on what to do about this?

What should be my quick wins?

Any idea will be highly appreciated.

12:55 pm October 30, 2019

I assume here that you refer to PMO as in Project Management Office...

Ian wrote an excellent startingpoint for you 

https://www.scrum.org/resources/blog/agile-pmo

;)

09:49 am October 31, 2019

@xander Thanks very much for the link.

However, the article focuses on an organisation going through a transition.

Where I work is a matured Agile organisation.

I'm looking to implement a process that would enhance performance without defeating the agile framework.

02:42 pm October 31, 2019

If the company is a mature Agile organisation what challenges are the teams currently facing that something like a PMO would be able to facilitate ?

Perhaps start there and be agile about the process used to create improvements across teams / products. 

06:17 am November 1, 2019

The organisation is looking to optimize performance and visibility among scrum team.

Performance and visibility of what, and why are Scrum Teams unable to do this for themselves?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.