Skip to main content

Any SM in Edinburgh, Scotland?

Last post 05:28 pm February 25, 2020 by Derek Ding
1 reply
08:57 pm February 24, 2020

Hi folks, 

I'm not sure if this the way to go, but it's been on my mind to reach out here as well, because 'maybe, just maybe',...so here it goes. I am looking to get into my first Scrum Master role for a while now and I have found a few opportunities in Europe for graduates and such, or apprenticeships, but unfortunately many were out of reach because of a non-English working language.

I have a strong background in software testing and have worked in Agile teams before, so I have the technical understanding, but I have been out of this world for the last five years and probably that doesn't help my case very much. While software testing was totally my thing back in the days, after a while I got into team leadership and a few years later I burned out. So I took a break to travel and never really came back. However, I think everything happens for a reason because for the last five years life took me down a different path and I got absorbed by personal development and spiritual growth. I hope this doesn't sound too woo-woo, but I honestly feel that only now I am truly ready and prepared for the role of Scrum Master and I feel that I could be really good at it, I could really make a difference; with the right training and support of course. And I have to say that even after all these years, I still feel the calling of serving and coaching and working with teams under the umbrella of Agile. And Scrum resonates deeply within my mind from an early stage in my life, I even wrote my master thesis on this very subject while at the University without really knowing what I'll do after; just because it all made so much sense to me. But anyways, to make a long story short...

Just recently I have moved to Edinburgh (UK) to perhaps increase my chances on this path. So if you know anyone here that I could reach out to or is looking to grow an extremely willing and passionate candidate for a Scrum Master role, then please let me know. I would be forever grateful! Any idea or suggestion is also welcomed. Thank you everyone x

10:51 am February 25, 2020

Hey Cassiopeea, Nice to know you are Edinburgh, I was studying there a couple of years ago. There are a big OTA company called SkyScanner there. Probably you can find some SM there. Wish you all the best 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.