Skip to main content

Made an Audio Recording of Scrum Guide 2017

Last post 11:55 am June 2, 2020 by Johannes Geske
1 reply
02:23 pm May 24, 2020

To aid my learning towards PSM3 I have made a recording of the scrum guide in English.  I have an auditory bias and find I best learn through a combination of listening speaking and reading/seeing.  When I listened to the official audio version of the scrum guide linked from scrum guides I noticed it has a gap from 09:14 to 10:26 in the recording. The missing section corresponds to the first 2 paragraphs of page 7 of the Scrum Guide. The audio resumes at 10:27 "The Product owner.  Looking at comments on the dropbox account official release has had this gap for one year.  The recording I have just completed is a complete version of the scrum guide 2017 without missing paragraphs in the narration, and I think its relatively transparent.  I have two questions I would like to ask the forum:

- Within the Attribution Share-Alike license of Creative Commons v4 is it ok to make a derivative recording the scrum guide and make it available from Github?

- If so... Would scrum.org forum members be willing to provide feedback on this recording, so that I can make adaptions and re-record relevant sections to further improve quality and accuracy?

The recording is 40 mins long and located on Github https://github.com/JonAlb/ScrumGuideMp3/raw/master/The%20Scrum%20Guide%…

Happy to make comments here, or directly or alternatively please raise them in GitHub as Issues https://github.com/JonAlb/ScrumGuideMp3/issues

If this post isn't appropriate for scrum.org or I'm outside of my rights to record this please let me know

11:55 am June 2, 2020

Hi John, 

Thank you for sharing. I submitted an issue on Github with feedback. In case you haven't received a response to your license question, did you try contacting the hosts of scrumguides.org through the e-mail address provided here https://scrumguides.org/download.html ?

Good luck with your PSM III.

Best,

Jo

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.