Skip to main content

year end appraisal - process improvements

Last post 07:07 pm June 12, 2020 by Daniel Wilhite
4 replies
01:57 pm June 11, 2020

Hi All,

In every IT company, we have year-end reviews and we will be judged on what all initiatives we had taken throughout the year to strengthen our process that can bring effectivity to the project. Can someone please help me with the ideas by their experience. what all best practices, approaches, they incorporated to do that that can help a scrum team to improve.

02:19 pm June 11, 2020

Very typical waterfall practice

Very necessary:

1. The whole organization creates a learning culture

2. Leaders lead by example and start accepting Scrum or agile

3. Encourage more people to learn Scrum or agile through rewards, salary increases and other methods, and apply them to practice

04:00 pm June 11, 2020

we will be judged on what all initiatives we had taken throughout the year to strengthen our process that can bring effectivity to the project

Look at the Definition of Done. What skills are in greatest demand and shortest supply? Who has stepped up to the mark and set about developing those skills?

11:21 am June 12, 2020

I need the pointers for myself so that i can utilise them. Any key metric area that you guys incorporated that lead to good results, etc,.

07:07 pm June 12, 2020

Has the team with which you are involved increased their delivery of valuable increments over the last year?  How have your contributions to the team been part of that increase? 

What have you done to help the team become more effective? 

What have you learned from others on the team that has made you a more effective contributor?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.