Skip to main content

Does "agile project manager" fit into 4y+ requirement for PST?

Last post 09:54 pm November 18, 2020 by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
09:46 pm November 18, 2020

Just out of curiosity.

I know that to apply for PST you must have 4 years+ of proven experience as a Scrum Master.

How is the "Scrum Master" role evaluated? For example, if I have "project manager" written in my contract, but I have full freedom in the way I approach my projects and take a hat of a scrum master when it comes to product delivery, does it count to the 4y+ requirement?

How is it verified and how much "the contractual title" matters?

09:54 pm November 18, 2020

It's the demonstration of accountability which is more likely to matter. Do you hold yourself accountable for the good implementation of Scrum, regardless of your job title, and regardless of whether anyone else expects you to make such an undertaking at all?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.