Skip to main content

CertiProf Scrum Certifications, Fake and Legit?

Last post 05:06 pm April 7, 2022 by Ridwan Noryahya
5 replies
02:25 pm November 23, 2020

Hi, fellow Scrummers,

I see that nowadays, many companies are looking for candidates trained as Professional Scrum Masters.

I am curious if the Scrum community endorses Scrum Master Professional Certificate (SMPC) and Scrum Foundation Certificate (SFPC) scrum certification from the CertiProf?

The reason why I am curious about this is that:

1. Scrum Master Professional Certificate SMPC and PSM I do both cost USD 150.

2. I see two identical banners on CertiProf and Scrum.org web sites, except a minor change.

CertiProf states:

On November 18th, a new version of the Scrum Guide was made available. All Assessments and Classes will be based on the previous version (2017) through January 15th 2021.

Scrum.Org states:

On November 18th, a new version of the Scrum Guide was made available. All Assessments and Classes will be based on the previous version (2017) through January 9th 2021.

The similarity of those messages made me think if PSM I is equivalent to Scrum Master Professional Certificate SMPC?

Or does CertiProf try to hide the fact that they're a fake certification mill and imitate the best practices from other decent Scrum authorities for their marketing?

Here is another piece of info about CertiProf as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/scrum/comments/hc5ist/certiprof_is_giving_a_100_off_coupon_for_a_scrum/fvdym3z

I am a bit confused, and any feedback would help me to understand how legit and recognized CertiProf Scrum programs are.

Thank you!

Christie

05:46 pm November 23, 2020

There is no relationship between the organizations and CertiProf has nothing to do with the Scrum Guide, the creators of Scrum, Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland nor is there any relationship.  CertiProf is a certification factory as they provide certifications for everything and anything without any focus on any area.  They have certifications on ISO, Security, Project Management... so nothing there to help you learn, grow or any leadership, just pumping out certificates for money.

07:09 pm November 23, 2020

Thanks Eric. After a bit more research about Certiprof, I can see that "they provide certifications for everything and anything without any focus on any area" is a bit of an understatement. They actually provide NOTHING.

They merely maintain a half-cooked questions and answers repository without any content of theirs. If I were you, I would carefully assess their web site because I see that they're also using Scrum.Org's Kanban guide in a way to suggest a partnership between you guys and themselves.

I believe this may go to intellectual property infringement, so keep an eye on what is going on there. Note that Certiprof's asset is to engineer false perception to run their certification mill schema, and their tactic is to create social proof by false associations. This is why you see a lot of meaningless logos on their web site. If you know the Scrum market, it's clear to recognize those lies, smokes, and mirrors going on, but Certiprof's techniques may victimize and scam many people who have no clue about the Scrum market.

The most ridiculous part of all that they are talking about a Certiprof partner network. Partner network for what? I assume they mean a partner network to run a scam at scale.

08:14 pm November 23, 2020

Thank you Christie.

03:17 pm January 11, 2022

Hi, I'm new to Scrum market,

I'm looking for certificates and courses for role Scrum Master.

Where can I find the authentic certificates, certificate providers?

04:42 am April 7, 2022

take the certification only from scrum.org. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.