Skip to main content

PSM1 exam - Query

Last post 01:13 pm March 3, 2021 by Nitin Mukesh
3 replies
08:57 pm March 1, 2021

Hi All,

I would start to thank everyone in the forum. This is a great place and really helped me with loads of SCRUM related information , especially on PSM1.

I was practising the mock tests on the website "https://mlapshin.com/" ; and was surprised to see the answers to the following question - can someone suggest if that is correct or what is the explaination (if being correct)

Question1:

Who is responsible for all estimates in the Product Backlog?

•    The Scrum Master and the Development Team

•      The Product Owner

•      The Scrum Master

•      The Product owner and the Scrum Master

•      The Scrum Team

•      The Product owner and the Development Team

•      The Development Team

I would expect the answer to be product Owner. However, in learning mode, the correct answer for the website is "Development Team".

Appreciate if this can be elaborated, many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Gaurav

07:43 am March 3, 2021

It looks like this site is not aligned with the latest scrum guide, as the development team no longer exists, as it is now just called developers.  

The answer is correct though, as per the scrum guide, the Developers are always accountable for:

● Creating a plan for the Sprint, the Sprint Backlog;

● Instilling quality by adhering to a Definition of Done;

● Adapting their plan each day toward the Sprint Goal; and,

● Holding each other accountable as professionals.

Topic Two: What can be Done this Sprint?

Through discussion with the Product Owner, the Developers select items from the Product Backlog to include in the current Sprint. The Scrum Team may refine these items during this process, which increases understanding and confidence.

Selecting how much can be completed within a Sprint may be challenging. However, the more the Developers know about their past performance, their upcoming capacity, and their Definition of Done, the more confident they will be in their Sprint forecasts.

08:00 am March 3, 2021

I would expect the answer to be product Owner.

Why? What is your reasoning? What has led you to have that expectation?

01:13 pm March 3, 2021

Forget about this question. Read the Scrum Guide 2020 first.

This is the most basic question you got wrong.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.