Skip to main content

Different ways to make money with Scrum

Last post 12:58 pm May 13, 2021 by Ian Mitchell
5 replies
09:03 pm May 12, 2021

Can you help me out with all possible ways to get paid as Scrum professional. It does not matter which roles you perform but it has to be Scrum roles.

Thanks 

08:56 am May 13, 2021

Scrum has three roles, so as long as you get employed by a company to fulfil one of those roles that you are applying for, you will obviously obtain a wage for performing that role. 

10:45 am May 13, 2021

Scrum is very good at exposing an organization's problems and the things people do to cover them up. Conscientious application of the framework, therefore, does not necessarily make you an attractive hire. In my experience -- and in all seriousness -- you might be better off anticipating the various ways you are likely to be fired as a Scrum professional, and take it from there.

12:01 pm May 13, 2021

In my experience -- and in all seriousness -- you might be better off anticipating the various ways you are likely to be fired as a Scrum professional, and take it from there

Hi Ian, are you aware of any situation where organisations have fired Scrum professionals because they were doing their job of applying the framework within the organisation? 

12:57 pm May 13, 2021

Hi Ian, are you aware of any situation where organisations have fired Scrum professionals because they were doing their job of applying the framework within the organisation? 

I was recently fired from a Scrum Master position for using the word empiricism.

12:58 pm May 13, 2021

Absolutely, it has happened to me many times. For several years being dismissed became a regular pattern, usually at around the 6 or 7 month mark of an engagement. I have largely avoided such trouble for the past 4 years or so but I have not reduced it to zero risk.

Remember that it is easier for an organization to change its Scrum Master than it is for an organization to change itself.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.