Skip to main content

Implementing Agile Concept of work in a Workforce Transition project

Last post 09:15 pm June 23, 2021 by Daniel Wilhite
5 replies
08:13 am June 22, 2021

Hi All,

we need to present Agile concept of work to our Leadership team for Our Workforce Project. I need some help in getting the Draft version of the below tasks so we can do a blueprint. This is what we have in Mind, Kindly add if you feel if anything is missing :

Set up a concept of agile work

implement value creating agile modules + SOP (MS Planner, Retrospective?, Sprint planning? etc.)

What communication structure suits the agile way? (see project plan)

What risks do you see in the project? 

When do you plan the agile meetings?

How do you enable your team-members (that are not so familiar with agile work)

How do you manage the sprint planning? finalisation of tasks secured? 

How do you plan to implement the agile way of working? 

04:22 pm June 22, 2021

we need to present Agile concept of work to our Leadership team for Our Workforce Project. 

How will the Leadership team create, communicate, and reinforce the requisite sense of urgency for agile change so different outcomes happen at all?

04:34 pm June 22, 2021

Who is "we" and do the members of the  "leadership team" understand the implications of introducing an "Agile concept"?  What does an "Agile concept of work" mean to "we"?

You have created many questions in my mind about what you are trying to do that prevent me from actually commenting on your request.  You make your statements as if it is obviously clear to everyone what you mean.  But since you used the noun version of the word agile, it creates more confusion than clarity.  The word "Agile" is something created by people wishing to monetize the creation of the Manifesto for agile software development and it has different meanings for people. The adjective word "agile" has a specific meaning but can be interpreted in many ways when it comes to processes and practices.  

I wish I could help but I honestly have no idea how. 

07:32 am June 23, 2021

I have a role to promote agility across teams. Where i am getting confused is how to get the leadership to adopt agile for a project of this nature, Since it has never been implemented before

05:53 pm June 23, 2021

Can you give some more details about 

Our Workforce Project

what the goal of the project for instance? 

09:15 pm June 23, 2021

I have a role to promote agility across teams. Where i am getting confused is how to get the leadership to adopt agile for a project of this nature,

Since you were given a role it would seem that the leadership has some idea of what agile practices would be.  Have you talked to them directly instead of trying to put together a document? The creation of the document seems to me to be unnecessary if they already know about agile practices.  Seems you could start some sort of backlog of work and move forward iteratively improving the backlog as you go. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.