Skip to main content

Questions for scrum master/product owner exam on volkerdon

Last post 02:17 pm July 30, 2021 by Daniel Wilhite
1 reply
02:37 pm July 28, 2021

Hi,

a lot of people have said in this forum that volkerdon would be a great resource for exam questions.

To be honest, im not sure anymore that this is really the case.

I just started and a lot of the possible answers are so extremly vague OR old phrases that are no longer present in the actual scrum guide like the scrum master being a "peer team member" are still present in the questions/answers.

I honestly fear that i will just confuse myself with these questions, because i literally disagree on nearly every 6th or 7th question.

1. Can anyone please tell me, who passed their exam a short while ago and used volkerdon, that these questions are comparable to the real questions?

In addition: The questions for the PO have a LOT of stuff from the EBM in them. A lot about the metrics etc.

2. Do i have to work through the scrum guide, the nexus AND EBM to be prepared for the PO exam?

Thank you!

Best regards

Sascha

02:17 pm July 30, 2021

Since volkerdon is not listed in the recommended study materials for the scrum.org certifications, I would be hesitant to use them.  I was able to complete all of the certifications I have earned by using the materials suggested by this organization.  The only sample tests I used were the ones provided free by scrum.org.

The situation you describe is exactly what you risk encountering by using third party sites that have not been recommended by scrum.org.   Those sites may not update their material as the Scrum Guide is revised.  I looked at volkerdon's glossary and saw a lot of old terms (Chicken and Pig for example) or explanations that are vague enough to be considered correct. 

I'm not going to say that they won't help you but you need to be wary of any answer that is provided that doesn't line up with your understanding of the Scrum Guide.  You might spend more time investigating the answers they say are correct than you feel is necessary.  However, I will say that researching to either validate or invalidate might provide you a better understanding. 

To sum up: Use at your own risk and don't expect third party sites to be true to the Scrum Guide.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.