Skip to main content

credly emails

Last post 09:36 pm September 16, 2021 by Eric Naiburg
3 replies
09:43 am August 29, 2021

Hi

I've had some emails from a credly.com about my scrum qualifications.

"Claim and share your badge from Scrum.org"

Is this something valid from Scrum.org?

Should I be signing up to this as a valid provider of my certificates?

Many thanks

Paul

12:27 pm August 29, 2021

Hi Paul,

Sorry that you must have missed our email. We have partnered with Credly to add more value to your certifications. We announced this to all certification holders via email on August 18th and here is the announcement.

Thank you,

10:06 pm September 15, 2021

I also got the e-mails from Credly and thought they were a scam; glad to know they aren't! Phew!

I read Eric's post above and the included announcement but am still not sure what value Credly tangibly provides?  Is Credly a LinkedIn competitor?? Not criticising, intrigued what the partnership actually means....

09:36 pm September 16, 2021

@Ruth, they could be I guess seen as a competitor to LinkedIn or in my opinion what Linkedin was supposed to be and never became as LinkedIn is very noisy and difficult to follow anymore.

LinkedIn does not validate certification as anyone can add anything without any validation and don't validate that people are really people. Credly is a place that provides you with the ability to include your skills in a single place and validate any certifications you receive for example and can only be used if validated person.  It also adds skills search for jobs, social sharing to places including LinkedIn and more.  They also continue to add more features and capabilities that you can receive.

Credly was founded to help people connect their verified abilities to opportunities. And, we strive to bring equity and access to every member of the current and future workforce. After leading the transformation in how people learn and connect online, our team turned its sights on bringing innovation to the outputs of meaningful learning experiences: the credential itself.

In 2018, Credly acquired Pearson's Acclaim, and together, the Credly Acclaim platform is the most comprehensive global solution for recognizing skills, capabilities, and achievements, reaching everywhere learning takes place and skills are assessed. 

Credly is leading the digital credential movement, making talent more visible and opportunity more accessible.

I hope that is helpful. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.