The Scrum Master does the following regarding the Daily Scrum (select all applicable variants):
I wanted to understand this question while i was taking quiz on the mlapshin site where there is a question.
Q. The Scrum Master does the following regarding the Daily Scrum (select all applicable variants):
- If others are present at the Daily Scrum, ensures that they do not disrupt the meeting
- Ensures that the Development Team has the meeting
- Teaches the Development Team to keep the Daily Scrum within the 15-minute time-box
- Is responsible for conducting the Daily Scrum
The Scrum Master
- Ensures that the Development Team has the meeting, but the Development Team is responsible for conducting the Daily Scrum.
- Teaches the Development Team to keep the Daily Scrum within the 15-minute time-box.
- If others are present at the Daily Scrum, ensures that they do not disrupt the meeting.
I wanted to understand who would "others" refer to here? As the only people required in the Daily scrum are Developers and the Scrum master along with product owner acting as developers only if they are involved in doing work actively working on the items of the sprint backlog.
It is correct that the Developers are the only ones required at the Daily Scrum, the Scrum Guide does go on to say that the "Developers can select whatever structure and techniques they want, as long as their Daily Scrum focuses on progress toward the Sprint Goal and produces an actionable plan for the next day of work". Included in "structure and technique" would be inviting others to observe and/or participate in the Daily Scrum, perhaps even beyond the Product Owner. It would also include inviting the Scrum Master to serve as a facilitator for the event.
I wanted to understand who would "others" refer to here?
Anyone the Developers think would be useful in helping them to come up with a plan for the next 24 hours. The Daily Scrum is the Developers' show and they do it for that purpose.
Thank you @Thomas Owens and @Ian Mitchell for your response.
The Scrum Guide indeed is deep in terms of its interpretation that we can have.