Skip to main content

Help Needed - BPO to IT

Last post 09:22 pm February 7, 2022 by Rohini Vandana Gomes
4 replies
10:18 am January 28, 2022

Hello Everyone. I am a BPO Operations Manager with an overall experience of 11+ years. I aspire to move into the IT Domain. I completed my PRINCE2 Certification. I also completed Microsoft Azure Az-900 certification. I am also certified through my organisation in Agile E2 level competency which covers SM as well. Preparing for PSM 1 now and will appear for it in first week of February. I need help as I don't have any experience of IT and what kind of questions o would be asked for an SM role in IT Domain. I have very good communication however I want to know about the technical questions. I also want help with a proper CV if someone could share. Any help would be appreciated.

03:05 pm January 30, 2022

The Open Assessment is really a good indicator for the type of questions you'll get on the PSM-I Assessment. Do not learn them by heart: in the real assessment, you may get questions from the OA, with words added or removed, different possible answers or not get any of them at all. But it is a good exercise, I usually did the OA a few times just before the real assessment, to get warmed up.

Also look at the preparation for PSM-I: https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-master-i-certification and explore the Suggested Reading and the Learning Path.

However, there should not be technical IT specific questions.

06:08 pm January 31, 2022

Thanks for your reply. I also wanted help with SM role interview questions if any of you could help.

08:36 am February 4, 2022

I will not assert the colloquial words that having experience in the BPO industry will not help you get a job in the IT sector. Working in the BPO industry requires basic computer knowledge, internet surfing, knowledge in MS office and good communication skills. These are the fundamental skills required to get a job in any industry these days. So, if you have experience of 11 years you are already ahead of your fresh competitors for an IT job. Besides, you should have knowledge of programming and have a stronghold on security aspects. Having a certificate of Microsoft Azure Az-900 certification and Agile E2 competency are plus points for the role, that is SM, you want to have in the IT sector. The role of SM or Scrum Mater includes coaching team members, hosting daily stand-up meetings, assist the product owner with the product backlog, removing roadblocks and teaching Scrum practices and principles.

09:22 pm February 7, 2022

Thanks for your responses. It's really appreciated.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.