PSM I doubts

Last post 09:16 pm March 23, 2017
by Scrum Support
4 replies
Author

Hi All,

Could you please help me with the following question? I guess i know what to choose, my types are related to definition of done but I would like to be sure that my way of thinking is correct :)

Which two things does a Scrum Master do if the Team doesn't have the engineering tools and infrastructure to completely finish any Product Backlog items?

Thx :)

AJ

11:42 am December 28, 2013

Team doesn't work on the development for the user stories in Product Backlog. Team works only when the User Stories are moved to Sprint Backlog during Sprint Planning meeting.

There are certain activities done, even before team starts working on First Sprint provided PO, SM and Team identified.

1. Create Product Backlog - PO
2. Refine user stories which are in top stack of Product Backlog - ready to consume in first sprint.
3. Estimation
4. Release Planning
5. Infrastructure Logistics - Scrum Master need to work with the Organization Leadership team to work on required infrastructure and engineering tools.
6. Spike

06:20 pm March 23, 2017

First and foremost, I am not sure how a person is allowed to post a question anonymously.

Secondly, the anonymous person posting an answer that has no relevance to the question seems to cause more confusion and problems than one who might want the right answer.

Thirdly, almost all people seem to ask NEW questions in an existing thread which leads to nothing but chaos.

This forum lacks proper administration and seriously needs to improve. It's seems like a free for all forum with no rules or discipline being adhered to.  Everybody is allowed to post whatever he likes wherever he likes. And the irony is that SCRUM is being discussed where teams are supposed to be self-disciplined in organizing themselves and doing productive work. Sadly, this forum does not reflect that.

06:31 pm March 23, 2017

Well, since it's been bumped to the top of the forum anyway, I'll respond...

First and foremost, I am not sure how a person is allowed to post a question anonymously.

I'm quite curious about this as well.  My guess is they've since deleted their account, as this typically only happens on older posts.  However it doesn't seem to be automatic, as frequent contributors like Ian still have their posts show up on older posts.  I'd love some clarification on this too.

Secondly, the anonymous person posting an answer that has no relevance to the question seems to cause more confusion and problems than one who might want the right answer.

This is true.  I think everyone should be able to contribute, because even in giving the wrong answer and being corrected, you can learn and improve.  Perhaps a "best answer" system or similar so that archived posts being reviewed can still be helpful without needing to dig through a ton of posts.

Thirdly, almost all people seem to ask NEW questions in an existing thread which leads to nothing but chaos.

Point in case, we should be discussing this in a new thread instead of bumping up dead threads from three years ago.  I can go ahead and make one.

09:16 pm March 23, 2017

Hello Cecil,

Thank you for your interest in Scrum.org and for your multiple contributions on our community forums. We would like to address some of your concerns:

1. Please be aware that no user is allowed to post anonymously. The posts above are several years old, and were written using accounts which no longer exist. As there is no account to tie the post back to, the content is kept on file as if submitted by an anonymous user. 
  2. We encourage self-organization and hope that our forums allow for an organic, free-flow of conversation. As Jason mentioned, "everyone should be able to contribute, because even in giving the wrong answer and being corrected, you can learn and improve." 
  3. We can assure you that our forums are moderated on a daily basis to ensure that the content is not in violation of our Terms of Use (indicated below). We do not moderate beyond that, because we want our forums to be a safe place for interactive communication and learning between Scrum practitioners of all levels around the world. 

The purpose of the forums is to cultivate understanding of the implementation of Scrum through the sharing of insight, knowledge and experience. We hope you continue to our forums with that spirit in mind, and wish you the best in your continued learning of Scrum.