Skip to main content

Wich kind of software for the project managment do you use

Last post 05:25 pm March 14, 2022 by Oliver Schröder
6 replies
03:58 pm February 21, 2022

Hi,

I'm a newly PSM 1certified and I would like to know wich kind of software for the project managment do you use.

- I have the option with JIRA that I like well but Ihave somes questions about it and that the tutorials don't answer.

- I have too an Excel files that working but not very at point

I would like to know if there are others software that working better than those.

Thanks

06:07 pm February 21, 2022

I'm a newly PSM 1certified and I would like to know wich kind of software for the project managment do you use.

None whatsoever. If I find myself having to project manage anything for a team, with software or otherwise, there's a problem. Rather, I'll facilitate whatever tooling choices they make for monitoring and managing their own progress.

06:20 pm February 21, 2022

I probably misspoke, I wanted to talk about the use of software to track Agile projects. Product backlog management, Sprint planning, Sprint etc. What kind of software do you use for this?

11:21 pm February 21, 2022

If you're taking on the role of Scrum Master, you wouldn't necessarily be using project management software. In an ideal situation, the tools used would be chosen by the Scrum Team. Often, there are organizational constraints that impact what tools can be used. As a Scrum Master, you could offer some insights in helping teams choose tools that enable them to be effective. As the tool is used, you can learn about what it offers and help the team get the most out of their selected tools.

02:32 pm March 2, 2022

I use Azure Devops. It has good blend of Project management & Code repository functions. We can relate code commits with PBIs which I think is an amazing feature for back-tracing. The CI/CD integration with a project management tool is a seamless transition.

The Retrospective, Poker planning can be done using extensions and can be directly consumed in the planning exercises.

11:53 am March 8, 2022

Jira is the most popular s/w for managing product backlog, sprint backlog, sprint planning etc.

For CI/CD JIRA can be linked with repositories (svn/bitbucket etc) and deployment can be planned by product management .

For Agile practices, scrum events many tools are available to help right from planning event to retrospective techniques, can be used in accordance of organizations policies and teams inclination.

11:08 am March 13, 2022

Youtrack is worth a look: 

Most of my projects use Jira though.

I like Retrium for retros: 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.