Skip to main content

Metascrum vs Scrum of scrums

Last post 11:07 pm March 7, 2022 by Daniel Wilhite
2 replies
01:27 pm March 7, 2022

Could anybody explain me the differences between a metascrum and an scrum of scrums? 

08:33 pm March 7, 2022

Do you have reason to believe that either of these constructs exist in Scrum, and are valuable?

What would either offer in terms of an improved accountability for creating Done, integrated increments of work?

11:07 pm March 7, 2022

Could anybody explain me the differences between a metascrum and an scrum of scrums? 

The difference depends on the variation of how your organization chooses to scale Scrum. All of the Scrum scaling options have some form of this.  I posted a bit more info in this earlier forum topic (https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/28789/meta-scrum-teams). 

The Scrum Guide does make any reference to a Scrum of Scrums or a MetaScrum.  These are terms that have developed outside of the Scrum framework.  

For example, the term Scrum of Scrums was mentioned in an article written by Jeff Sutherland in 2001.  Here is my source for that information. 

MetaScrum is a term used in Scrum@Scale.   

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.