Skip to main content

Preparing for PSD I exam

Last post 01:26 pm May 26, 2014 by John Tyson
5 replies
05:08 pm May 4, 2014

I have passed the PSM 1 exam a few weeks ago – harder than I thought but went well.

While doing the open assessments, I also did some open assessments from the developer PSD 1 section - as recommended by many users in this forum. I would like to give this exam a try.

However, in the "Scrum developer subject areas" section on this website, there is no clear indication of a specific book for preparation of this exam, or a "guide" similar to the scrum guide for PSM I.
It only lists a selection of books on specific development areas (testing, programming, architecture etc).

Would anyone be able to recommend a book (or 2) that would be sufficient to prepare for the PSD 1 exam – or is it a question to read across a number of books?

Thanking you in advance

Bruno

08:43 pm May 4, 2014

Posted By Lotus72 on 04 May 2014 05:08 PM
I have passed the PSM 1 exam a few weeks ago – harder than I thought but went well.

While doing the open assessments, I also did some open assessments from the developer PSD 1 section - as recommended by many users in this forum. I would like to give this exam a try.

However, in the "Scrum developer subject areas" section on this website, there is no clear indication of a specific book for preparation of this exam, or a "guide" similar to the scrum guide for PSM I.
It only lists a selection of books on specific development areas (testing, programming, architecture etc).

Would anyone be able to recommend a book (or 2) that would be sufficient to prepare for the PSD 1 exam – or is it a question to read across a number of books?

Thanking you in advance

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

I'm afraid that a single book or two won't be of any help in assessment prep. In fact, I believe Scrum.org assessments are still evolving, and though, there is some ambiguity in questions and less standardization related to the paid assessments (at least I feel about that), going through all references provided may or may not help you in passing the assessment. Good thing is that you've got the PSD I open assessment and it will help you in focusing your preparation to key areas and Scrum guide is also there for you.

Best bet is to go for PSD training because the PSTs will invariably cover the areas coming in the assessment.

Regards,
Sunish

04:02 pm May 5, 2014

OK thanks Sunish. Going for PSD training is not a option for me (for now) so I might try and cover the subject areas through the recommended books.
thanks!
Bruno

09:44 am May 16, 2014

Focus on these topics:
Test automation: Concepts such as TDD, BDD, etc
App life cycle management: Continuous Integration
Open assessments: PSM 1 & PSD
Some questions are based on common sense. Think about what you can do 'best' in a situation

Navigating to unanswered or going back to review answers is a big pain. Keep a note of question # & brief of title in a notepad for quick reference

All the best!

Thanks,
Sukrut

04:32 pm May 19, 2014

Hello Sukrut/All,

We thank you for your interest in Scrum.org and for contributing to this thread. We just wanted to quickly and kindly note that, unlike our practice, Open assessments, our PSM I, PSPO I and PSD I assessments do now provide a feature which enables the bookmarking of specific questions during your session.

The feature allows you to bookmark and to easily return to and review any questions that you may wish to revisit, during the 60-minute time-box allotted for the assessment.

Thank you again and enjoy your day!

---Joe (Scrum.org)

01:26 pm May 26, 2014

Hi Joe,

I'm assuming you work for Scrum.org, hence this email.

Just as a note, I took the PSM Open Assessment today and noticed a funny thing. I believe the 'answer choices' are randomized and on one question, "All of the above" appeared as the 2nd choice among 5 choices. It wasn't the correct answer, but it did get me thinking..."Does this mean the same as picking A or A,C,D &E?).

I wonder if you've coded it to prevent "All of the Above" from appearing as the first choice?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.